Chapter 1

Rain rattled the windows of my classroom as I sit through the teacher's boring lecture.

My name is Brice, and I'm currently a junior in highschool. I'd probably be the weirdest of my friends I didn't have. My spikey golden hair stood out from the rest of my peers, not to mention my bright blue eyes.
I bit the end of my pencil, staring at the drawing on my notebook. My pictures are never as good as I want them to be, but I guess they're fine.

I looked up as I was punched hard in the shoulder by one of the jocks, my classmates flooding out into the hallway. I guess the bell rang?

* * *

I sat on the bench at the bus stop, sketching in my notebook again. I was drawing a picture of an ocean horizon, I guess, when drops of water splattered the page.
I look up at the gray sky and groan.

I shove my notebook into my backpack and dart for a tree closest to the bus stop as it began to pour.

"Need an umbrella?"

I glance up to see a boy about my age holding out a spare umbrella to me. He wore a purple and grey robe, and had brown hair and eyes.
I smiled at his offer. "Thanks."
I opened the umbrella, it popping open infront of me. When I drew it over my head, the boy was gone.
I stepped out from the cover of the tree and glanced around. Hm, I guess he just didn't want to stick around...

I walked over to the curb of the road as my bus pulled up to the stop.