Chapter 49

© Copyright material

CHAPTER 49

James's POV

            Daniel left and I was now alone in a room with Dina. I still couldn't believe the news! Ryan came in to say 'hello'. His shift was over. He saw I was happy for something.

            When I told him that I just found out that the baby is mine, mentioning that Daniel told me they never went that far, Ryan said happily: "Well, congratulations, James!".

            He smiled and reached his hand towards me. He mentioned she's almost 4 months pregnant. Since September. He checked up on her and went out again. I instantly reached for Dina's belly, putting my hand over it.

            Sliding my hand over it gently, I said: "Hey baby, your mom and I, we love you very much. Just be strong, and everything will be fine. Your mom will get better soon, and I'll be here for both of you. I love you. You're my baby.", as tear escaped my eye.

            A tiny fear hit me, what will happen to the baby if she doesn't get better? What if she doesn't wake up? Then I went over to Dina's head, holding her hand in mine. Caressing her hair and her face with my left hand.

            "Baby, please, wake up. I love you. I need you. Our baby needs you.", I begged her quietly, fighting more tears that were threatening to escape.

            'Our baby', I thought, 'I'm going to be a dad'. A smile crossed my face at the thought.

            "We're going to be parents. Please, baby... Please, wake up.", I said to Dina again and I kissed her.

            I missed her lips. If only she'd wake up. But she didn't. I lowered my head on the bed beside her belly, holding her hand gently. I must have fallen asleep after a while.

            I heard someone called my name slowly a few times: "James. James.", and I felt the touch on my hand.

            Then another voice said: "James. You have to let her go. She's gone.". My heart rate increased rapidly to the point it actually hurt.

            I screamed: "No! Dina!", and raised my head up.

            "Oh, God! It was just a bad dream.", I said instantly when I glanced over the room.

            No one was there. Just Dina and I. My heart was still beating rapidly.

            Then I heard a weak voice: "James.".

            I shook my head, wiping my face with my left hand. With my right hand I was still holding Dina. I was still in a shock because of that dream, my worst nightmare. Losing Dina, and the baby.

            "James.", I heard again, a little louder this time.

            Then I felt my hand shook a little. I looked at Dina. She was awake! She was shaking my hand! My heart started to beat so fast again. I was so happy. I jumped from my seat, pushing it back to the wall and came closer to her face.

            "Baby! You're awake!", I said and kissed her lips.

            She smiled to me and nodded her head. She was still too weak to talk. She haven't spoken a word in a month.

            "Oh, baby, I love you so much! Do you need anything? Are you thirsty? I have a lot of things to tell you!", I said excitedly.