Chapter 34

Around midday the next day Haruhi and Kaoru came to visit. "Hikaru called last night." Kaoru said.
"What did you tell him." I asked looking down at my useless legs.
"I didn't tell him anything in case you wanted to tell him." He said looking at me with sympathy.
"Thank you." I said sincerely looking up at him and Haruhi.
"I can call him now if you want." Kaoru offered as Haruhi arranged a bunch of flowers on my bedside.
"Can you, please?" I asked. He nodded and selected Hikaru's contact on his phone before passing it to me.
"Let's leave them to talk." Haruhi said ushering Kaoru out of the room.

"Kaoru why are you calling me?" Hikaru asked after he picked up the phone.
"Well I'll go if you don't want to talk to me." I said smiling a ghost of a smile after hearing his voice.
"Elliot!" Hikaru yelled in shock.
"Yes Hikaru it's me." I said looking at my legs again willing them to move.
"Are you okay, I'm sorry I'm not there I wish I was. I'm so sorry-" he rambled on before I stopped him.
"Hikaru I know why you're not here and I'm not mad. Even though I do with you were here I understand why you can't be. Hikaru I have something really important to tell you know and want you to think about carefully before you make any decisions. I won't hate you for any choice you make but promise me what you decide will be in your best interest." I said seriously.
"Elliot I promise you that I will think about what you tell me." He said worriedly.
"When everything happened I sustained an injury to my lower back and it damaged the nerves in that area. The doctor said I am going to be paralysed for the rest of my life." I explained. He was silent so I continued,"I'm never going to be able to walk again and I won't be able to have children." Hikaru was silent for a while and I let the tears run down my face.

"I love you." He said.
"I love you too." I answered labelling the feelings I felt for him and letting myself cry.
"It's going to okay, I promise I'm not going to leave you." He promised.
"Hikaru I can't have children! Please don't make hasty decisions and we were never actually together." I said between sobs.
"Elliot I love you and I've thought about it I am not leaving you to deal with this alone. I want to be with you, I fell in love with you. Elliot I want you to be my girlfriend. I wish I could have asked you in person. But I need to be with you." He said.
"Hikaru please think about this." I begged him but he wasn't giving in so eventually I did. "Okay Hikaru I'll be your girlfriend."

~Fin~