Chapter 16

Elliot's POV

Oh my god, I'm in love with Hikaru Hitachiin. I looked to right and saw the light that would lead me to life and to my left I saw the darkness of death. 'To hell with it' I thought as I walked to right, towards the light that would bring me back to life. Little did I know that two my two other selves were disguised reapers and were watching me knowing that I would be back in the in-between soon.

Hikaru's POV

I had just started give Elliot another 5 breaths when her heart started beating again. She coughed up sea water and looked at us dazed. "Elliot!" Everyone screamed. "So sleepy." She said like a child. "Elliot you can go to sleep you have to stay with us." Kyoya said but Elliot had already slipped back into an unconscious state. The ambulance arrived soon after and everyone got in a limo and went to one of the hospitals owned by Kyoya's father.

We reached the hospital and hurried into the waiting room. Kyoya was talking to a nurse trying to find out what they believed was wrong with Elliot. Honey was crying and Mori was trying to comfort him. Haruhi was blaming herself and Tamaki was telling her that it wasn't her fault and that Elliot wouldn't blame her. Kaoru was just as shaken up as the others but I am pretty sure I am in shock. 'What if she doesn't wake up. Her parents are going to blame us.' I thought. My heart was in pain and I didn't understand why.

Something wet slipped down my cheek, "Hikaru, are you alright?" My brother asked. "I don't know. It hurts why does it hurt Kaoru?" I asked him. "I think you're in love Hikaru." Kaoru said quietly. In, love. I can't be in love with Elliot D'alessio can I? She is a cherry blossom who could tell the difference between me and my brother when we were complete strangers. Kaoru grabbed my hand and squeezed it as silent tears slid down our faces and as we wished that the second person who crossed into our world was alright.

A nurse came from a hall way and started talking to Kyoya and the other nurse. Kyoya turned to us and motioned us to follow him. As we were following I realised how much Kyoya was also affected by this. He wasn't calm and collected as he usually was. We reached a door and he turned to us. "Elliot is stable but she is not awake so we have to be quiet." Kyoya said before opening the door and walking inside. We all followed him in to find a pail, weak looking Elliot lying on a hospital bed.

Time Skip

We were there for what seemed like hours waiting for Elliot to wake up. Everyone was quiet keeping their thoughts to themselves. I had spent my time trying to figure out whether I loved her or not. The longer she was asleep the more pain I felt. 'Is this what love feels like?' I questioned myself. I would have to ask boss what love feels like.

Everyone's tears had stopped a few hours ago and we had all pulled ourselves together a bit. Boss and Haruhi had had a realisation of their love for each other so Haruhi was now sitting in bosses lap while they kept each other strong quietly. A thought of how I wished I could do that with Elliot briefly crossed my mind. Kyoya suddenly stood up and said, "Visiting hours will be over soon so I will try and get us permission to stay after hours." With that he walked out of the room leaving us in silence again.