CHAPTER 23

Jaejoong was silently holding Lena in his arms while they were both sitting on the sofa.

"What are you thinking about?" Lena asked softly.

"Nothing," Jaejoong answered.

"I don't believe you. I know you're thinking of something. why won't you tell me?" she said as she suddenly took Jaejoong's hand and held it between her two hands.

Jaejoong drew in a deep breath and then suddenly sighed.

"Am I really that predictable?" he asked.

"Nope . . . It's just that I already know you by heart. And right now . . . my heart is telling me that something is bothering you. Can you please tell me what's wrong? I am really worried about you," Lena said softly.

Jaejoong sighed again. "When I came into your room this morning, and I saw you holding hands with Aros, I was really jealous. I know I shouldn't feel jealous or hurt . . . but I can't stop myself."

Lena lightly laughed. "You shouldn't feel jealous, Jaejoong. I love you . . . I only love you, and no one else," she said as she snuggled closer to Jaejoong's body.

Jaejoong tightened his embrace on Lena. Somehow having her in his arms was bringing him such a wonderful feeling . . . a feeling of being complete. Having her in his life was a blessing for him. Somehow he couldn't even imagine living without her. She was perfect for him, and he was perfect for her. They were perfectly made for each other.

"Are you really happy with me?" Jaejoong suddenly asked.

Lena smiled. She could sense that Jaejoong was really very jealous of Aros. She wanted to erase his jealousy, but somehow she couldn't think of a way to do it.

"How about you? Are you really happy with me?" Lena suddenly asked in return.

Jaejoong suddenly laughed. "Hey! That's unfair. I asked first . . . you should answer me first."

Lena laughed also. "I wouldn't be here in your arms right now if I'm not happy with you," she then answered seriously.

Jaejoong felt Lena's sincerity. After hearing her say those words, his heart had somehow calmed down. The jealousy he was feeling suddenly disappeared. And his heart was suddenly overflowing with love again.

"I love you, Lena. I've never felt this way with anyone before. It is as if I am always afraid that you will suddenly disappear and you would just leave me alone," Jaejoong said as he revealed everything in his mind and in his heart.

"Jaejoong, I love you too. You're the very first man I've ever loved. . . and you will also be the last. So you don't have to worry. I will always love you, and I will always be by your side," Lena lovingly said.

As he heard those words, Jaejoong's heart suddenly started beating very fast.

"Lena, I don't want to lose you," he uttered.

Lena's heart suddenly ached. Somehow she didn't know how to answer him. She knew that she was eventually going to leave him sooner or later. And thinking about it was already hurting her.

"Jaejoong, I don't want to lose you either. I would do anything just to be able to have more time with you. And if it was possible, I want to live longer so that I could always be by your side. But . . . I can't guarantee anything. The only thing that I can promise you is that you will be the only man in my heart. And I promise to make you happy . . . until the very end," Lena said as tears slowly fell from her eyes, one by one.