CHAPTER 17

After several minutes of waiting, the boys suddenly noticed that there was a group of girls on the side of the stage. Then . . . . one by one . . . . the girls were suddenly escorted to the different tables.

All the boys were shocked. All the girls that were coming out of the side of the stage were all familiar with all of them.

Time passed . . . . and all the boys already had a specific date with them. The girls that were set up with the boys were either es-girlfriends, current girlfriends or close acquaintances.

All the boys were amazed as to how Lena was able to know about the girls in their lives.

As soon as the girls were brought to the tables, different foods and wines were also served as well.

All of the boys with their specific dates enjoyed their time together. They enjoyed talking, eating and drinking at the same time.

They have all started eating when Lena suddenly appeared on the stage. All the boys were suddenly curious as to what she was planning to do on stage.

As soon as she started to speak, the wide screen panel on the center of the stage also went on. And everybody was finally able to see her clearly by the big screen. It was really as if they were in a concert.

"I know all of you are already wondering what is going on . . . . Well, let's just say this is my special way of thanking all of you for being such nice friends to me for those past few days. All of you have made me very happy. So in return . . . . I want to make you guys happy as well before I go. I have prepared a small concert for all of you guys and girls. I hope you will all like this presentation I have arranged for all of you," Lena said with sadness in her eyes.

All the boys didn't know what to feel at that exact moment. They didn't like the fact that Lena was somehow saying goodbye to them in an indirect manner. As she spoke . . . . even if she tried to put on a happy smile . . . . all of the boys could see and feel her sadness.

Jaejoong looked at the girl sitting across the table he was sitting in. The girl's name is Ji-Young. She was the girl he had liked even before he became a DBSK member.

As soon as he saw her, his heart started to beat very fast. He was very excited and nervous both at the same time. He didn't know what to say to her, or how to start the conversation with her.

"Ji-Young . . . ." he uttered.

The girl suddenly smiled. "So you still remember me . . . . I'm very glad. I thought you had already forgotten me," she said.

"No . . . . how could I ever forget you," the words just slipped out of Jaejoong's mouth.

Ji-Young smiled again. She was obviously very happy with what she heard.

While Jaejoong was busy talking with Ji-Young, Lena was watching him from the side of the stage. Jaejoong's table was in front of the stage. So Jaejoong and his date were very visible.

Lena's heart was aching. She was feeling very jealous. But she knew she had no right to feel that way. She tried to brush her emotions away. She didn't have any right to love anymore, she told herself.

As Lena was watching Jaejoong . . . . the concert started.

The first performer who came out was Utada Hikaru. She then started to sing her famous song "First Love."

our last kiss

tasted like tobacco

a bitter and sad smell