Chapter 25

~~Rays pov~~

"Bella please talk to me." I beg as we drive away from Brent's house, five year old Annabel sobbing on her shoulder as Bella tries to calm her down. Bella ignores me, eyes focused on Annabel as she whispers sweet nothings into her ear.

 Tonight was suppose to be a special night for Bella and I. Instead we got the opposite of that. We let Brent baby sit Annabel for a few hours, thinking that everything was going to be alright. We come back to Brent's to pick up Annabel after our date. We open his door and standing there was Brent throwing his fist in the air, kicking his feet against Annabel's fragile body. 

 I immediately ran up to Brent, punching him directly in the center of his neck, slamming his body into the wall multiple times, pressing my hand on his throat, choking him. Blood rushing down his body from his bloody nose, bruises were forming on his skin.

Bella had instantly went to Annabel, scooping Annabel into her loving arms. Annabel sheading tears, streaming down her face, and gasping for air.

I had called the police after I beat Brent to the point where I ended up knocking him out. Now, we are here, sitting in my car, driving back home with Annabel's soft sobs finally gave out as her body relaxes and falls asleep in Bella's arms.

I grip the steering wheel, Annabel's cries repeating in my head as Bella looks out her window. "I didn't know, Bells, I-"

 "Don't call me that." She hissed, eyes focused outside the car and I suddenly felt my heart shatter into a million pieces. I kept my eyes on her as we came to a stop, the red light making Bella's face glow, noticing her eyes filling with tears.

 "I'm sorry Bella, please, I didn't know he would do that. I didn't mean for any of this to happen-"

"Ray just stop, "she breathes out, "just stop it. Stop talking about it. Just. Stop. Talking." She lets out a shaky sigh as she shakes her head. "F-five years Ray. Five years." She lets out a sob, gathering in air before closing her mouth. "I wanted a life time with you, b-but, I can't Ray. I can't go on like this. It's so h-hard." 

 I let out a small, quiet gasp. "What are you talking about Bella?"

"It's just so hard Ray," she pauses wiping her tears away and leaning her head back on the seat, "our relationship is just so hard."

"Please explain to me Bella. Do you regret marrying me?"

She doesn't answer as we continue down the road. It was quiet the whole ride back home other than Annabel's soft snores.

When we arrived home, I unlocked the front door letting Bella carry Annabel in first before following. I closed the door as I heard Bella's soft foot steps walk upstairs and Annabel's door being closed. I let out a sigh as I went upstairs, walking passed Annabel's door, quickly going into mine and Bella's. I flip the light switch and watch as the lights flickered on, revealing our bedroom.

The walls are painted blue, with two large windows and white long curtains that end on the floor. A large King size bed in the center of the room, leaning against the wall with a large blue blanket covering it, blue and white pillows piled up together. A large white desk sits in the right corner of the room, covered with paper works and books. A long book shelf covers part of the wall, books neatly stacked.

 I glance at our clock on the two night stands by our bed, reading 1:02am. I smiled to myself as I replayed the image of waking up to Bella's sticky notes covering my eyes. Reading the words "I Love You!" on the note.

 I'm pulled out of my thoughts when I hear the door slowly crack open, Bella walking in, dried tear marks down her cheeks. When she closes the door, I'm taken back when I feel her small arms quickly wrap around my waist. I waste no time in wrapping my arms around her, hearing her muffled cries escape her lips as she grips my jacket.

"What happened to the Bella I knew years ago?" I whisper setting my chin on her head. "Remember when we didn't have nothing, but a perfect simple kind of loving.'' She lets out another cry. "I just want us back to the way we were before, Bells."

I whisper in her ear, softly. "Please don't do this to our family. I waited so long to finally have you in my arms forever, don't take that away from me. . ."

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! :)

Next chapter isn't a flashback and part of it is in Henry's pov. :)