Chapter 20

~~Ray's pov~~

 I stared up at the ceiling, that same thought popping in my head.

"Think about it Ray," she begs, "Brooklyn is Brent's step sister, they had connection with each other everyday until after the kidnapping. Then she just randomly comes to help you, since when did she ever help you with anything! You two hated each other when you were college. What if Brooklyn is setting you up? What if she is working with Brent?"

What if Brooke is setting me up? What if she is working with Brent?

Well, if Kelly is right there's a strong chance I won't get Brooke to tell me the truth.

"Maybe because I have feelings for you! I didn't know what to do! It was all so sudden and I was confused! Okay yes Ray, I admit it, I have feelings for you that's why I get jealous when Brooklyn is around. She's always clinging onto you and I was worried that you would forget that I was there. I've spent weeks trying to admit to myself that I don't like you, but every time I try I end up failing when you walk into the room."

I rub my forehead and groan, frustrated at the thought of seeing her cry.

I made her cry.

I made Kelly cry. . .

~~Annabel's pov~~

Brent throws me onto the bed in my room, before my freezing, weak body lands on the blankets and pillows. Brent had a needle in his hand, filled with white liquid. "All of these bad girl stuff your doing, like not follow my directions and not listening to me, does not fit your personality. It doesn't make me happy when I have to go run after you or punish you, for the sake of both of us why not try being a good girl from now on."

Before I could answer James, Rebecca, and Rose walks into the room as I try to sit up. "James I need you to pin Annabel down." James quickly follows as Rebecca and Rose walk into the room. "Rebecca and Rose, help James pin Annabel down." Before I could react, James had his hand on my wrist, Rose and Rebecca grabbed my legs and Brent crawled onto the bed.

"Annabel just know, this is going to hurt me more than you." Brent mumbles under his breath as he swings his leg over me, sitting on my stomach and I groan in pain. Struggling to move my hands to my stomach as Brent uses his other hand to intertwine our fingers together, pushing my hand down on the bed with great force.

Brent has the needle in his other hand as he inhales air, lowering the needle down to my right arm. I squirm which causes Brent to stop. "Annabel the more you move the harder this is going to be for both of us."

I lift an eye brow. "Moving only makes the pain hurt worst when I'm putting the needle in. Just relax and when we get done with this, I promise to get you ice cream."

"I don't want ice cream!" I bawl. "I don't want to be here! I want my father and I want to go home! And nothing you do can change my thought."

"Sorry to tell you this Annabel, but this is your new home now and your going to like it!" Brent argues back and with sudden movement Brent stabs the needle into my arm, pushing the liquid out of the needle causing me to scream. An ear-splitting scream escapes my lips as I feel tears burst out.

Then after a few seconds, Brent takes the needle out and let's go of my hand. I squirm in their grip, causing my free hand to fly up, the palm of my hand made contact to Brent's face. James, Rose, and Rebecca gasp as they let go of my wrist and legs, slowly walking out of the room and closing the door. I toss my body around, tears now spilling out of my eyes as Brent sits on my stomach.

Brent gets off of me, scoops me into his arms and begins whispering sweet nothings in my ear. Completely forgetting that I had slapped him a few seconds ago. "You're alright Annabel. Shush. "He whispers quietly into my ear, stretching out the shush.

Don't give in! Keep fighting!

"Everything's okay now. The side-affects should affect you in a few seconds." I kick my feet around, swinging my arms around, trying to get out of Brent's grip. He tightens his grip on me, pulling me closer to his chest, wiping my tears away with a tissue. "Relax Annabel."

I grab a pillow, throwing it back behind me, the pillow punching Brent in the face as I felt a tightening in my stomach.

It felt like I had just got kicked in the gut. "It's going to affect the way you think Annabel and your going to find yourself getting tired." Within minutes of me grabbing all the pillows I could find, throwing them at him as he sits there like a brick wall, not flinching.

I slowly found myself stopping, panting as I rest my head on his chest.

Get him out of the bed!  My mind screamed.

Suddenly I felt my arms, getting weaker and weaker as I try and push him away, whimpering and sobbing. Brent gingerly plays with my hair, brushing it with his fingers, and humming a quiet sweet tone which for some reason is calming me down. I found my eye lids shutting as the beating of his heart pounds in my ear, and hearing him whisper. "You're okay now."

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! :)

 Next chapter Brent's past is revealed!