Chapter 31

~~Henry's pov~~

It's Christmas morning. 

Ray came to visit me and we decided to express our feelings because I was the only one he could come talk to. We both cried for a few minutes until my parents came in, Piper, Jasper, and Charlotte too. Piper and Jasper both fought many times and still are, Charlotte gave me a red bag with a present inside. 

Piper was forced to give me something, turns out it was just one of my old socks in my dresser. No surprise there. 

Jasper gave me a bucket that read "Get Well Soon, Buddy!"

 After giving him a hug and awkwardly hugging Piper when she put a sticky note that said "Pinch me". 

Ray gave me a new phone and earbuds so I can have something to do while staying at the hospital. My mom gave me many hugs as she cried. My dad gave me smiles and told me that him and mom got me a new laptop that is sitting on my bed at home. 

Charlotte glanced over at me and smiled weakly as she comforts Ray. "I never really knew Annabel, I was never here to meet her because my parents and I went on vacation. I bet she's amazing." Charlotte lifts an eye brow at me and I grin. She turns her attention back to Ray. "I can't believe you have a daughter, why didn't you tell us?" 

"It's a long emotional story that I will tell you later, when I find her." Ray mumbles as Piper walks up to him. 

"Can you transform into Captain Man so I can take a picture?" 

I groan. "Piper leave him alone, he's going through a lot." 

"Why do you have to ruin my morning!" She yells as she sits down next to Charlotte. 

"I haven't spent Christmas with Annabel since she was five." Ray covers his face as he walks out of the room, leaving all of us to sit in a uncomfortable silence. 

~~Annabel's pov~~ 

"Scarlet is your daughter?" I question, astonished as I was force to sit next to James because he's suppose to make sure I don't try running away. I couldn't move anyway because of Brent, he chained me to the couch as I sat there, weakly. Brent does his famous laugh once again, throwing his head back as he scoops Scarlet into his arms. 

"I haven't seen you since last Christmas." Scarlet sighs at him as they sit on the ground. Rebecca and Rose are sitting across the room, Rose furiously clapping her hands, happily as she dug around under the Christmas tree that they set up days ago. 

James chuckles when I mumble under my breath. "I wouldn't be surprised if I opened my present and there was nothing in it." 

Brent pouts as he carefully gives me my present. "Well fine then I might as well go take this back." He says, joking as the present lays in my lap. 

"I think I will just wait to open it at the end." Everyone doesn't argue with me which I'm thankful for. Scarlet got a new phone case and nail polish, Rebecca got a new gun with a pack of bullets, James got a fake diamond because Brent wanted to play a joke on him. 

"Annabel is right, you are mean." James throws the fake diamond at Brent as he cries tears of laughter. I even found myself laughing causing Brent to smile at me. Rose opens her present which was a bottle of bubbles from Brent, getting a huge smile from Rose. 

"You are never too old to still play with bubbles!" Rose defends herself as Brent chuckles. "Thanks Brent!" She screams across the room, a light blush growing on her face when he winks. She smiles, pulling her hair behind her ear as Rebecca gags. 

"I can't believe I just saw that." Rebecca gasp as we all let out a quiet laugh.

 Brent was the only one that didn't get a present because he told everyone he didn't want one. "My present will be seeing Ray cry." He daydreams until I realize I have to open mine now. He urges me but I shake my head. It was a small box, almost the size of a necklace box. 

"Annabel don't make this harder than it has to be." James blurts out and I slap him with my other hand, Brent coughing and laughing. 

Brent smirks. "There's some fire from little Annabel!" He snickers as I start to open the present. I shake my head as tears well up in my eyes. It was the necklace Ray gave me, Brent took it away a long time ago because he hated seeing me with it on. 

Silence fills the room, even Brent looked sad as I let my tears flow. Brent slowly stands up, taking the chains off of me causing James to throw his hands in the air. Brent gets his pistol out and hisses at him before he could protest. "Say one word and it will be the end of you." 

I get up, gripping the necklace in my hand as I walk to the room that was made for me. I shut the door and walk to the bathroom, also closing that door and locking it. I grab the box of tissues and clean my face from the tears streaks until I hear a knock on the door. "Annabel it's Brent," he whispers from the other side of the door, "let me in. I thought of giving you it back because you couldn't spend Christmas with him-"

"You make absolutely no sense!" I shout. "One minute you are nice to me then you want to kill me and then you are back to being kind to me. Make up your mind! I can't take the switching around, you're confusing me. It's like you are bipolar, one minute you are happy and then the next you just want to blow my brains out but you can't because you still need me for this plan that is going to fail. You are going no where with this, it's like you are just keeping me here because I remind you of Scarlet." 

I stop and think about what I said before I spat out. "Are you keeping me here because I remind you of Scarlet? Are you just doing this because you never see her?"

"Annabel open the door-" I could hear the anger in his voice before I interrupt him. 

I yell at him through the door. "Are you?" 

"Listen-" 

"Are you!" I shout. 

"Annabel I swear-"

"Tell me!" 

"Shut your mou-"

"Tell me!" I bawl. 

"Yes I am!" I hear him punch the door, frustrated and angrily. "Okay yes I am. I'm keeping you here because you remind me of her, but also because I still want my revenge on Ray. Oh, and Annabel I am not bipolar I just have a bad past just like your father but he never took the time to realize it. I'm not so bad once you give me a chance but he never gave me a chance." He whispers the last part and I hear him walk out of room.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! :)