Chapter 22

~~Annabel's pov~~

"Do you mind if I ask who your daughter is?" I stare at Brent as he pulls out two coffee cups, marshmallows, and two packs of hot coco. I suddenly hear Brent let out a shaky sigh, slowly tearing the pack of hot coco open, his blue eyes peering into mine.

"Not right now," he jerks his thumb behind me, pointing toward James, Rose, and Rebecca sitting at the table talking, "their in the room."

I slowly nod my head. "Did you have any other kids? Did they spend more time with you then your daughter did?" He nods his head, dumping the hot coco in the coffee cup that is full of water, putting it in the microwave.

Brent presses the buttons, before slowly glancing over at me. "I had a son too." I stand there, frozen in shock as his mouth moves, not paying attention to anything he was talking about. Before I knew it he had already made both of us cups of hot chocolate, putting two big marshmallows in the cup. Brent stretches his arm out and I slowly take the hot cup into my hands, wrapping my fingers around it.

Brent and I sat down on the couch, sitting in complete silence and carefully drinking the steaming liquid in our cups.

Is that why Brent became so evil? Did Brent become evil because he never really got the love that a father should get between his daughter and son? His own kids.

"Annabel," Brent's voice breaks my train of thought, grabbing my attention very quickly, "your the only person I have really ever told anyone this. Please promise me that you won't tell anyone, no matter what happens." I nod and he smiles weakly.

I inhale air before whispering to him. "And I promise to stay out of trouble, I promise I won't try to run away anymore and so on. " He smiles, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and whispering back to me.

"Thank you," I set the cup down on the coffee table in front of us, "you will find it more fun living here if you don't get into trouble. Plus you won't have to get punished everyday."

~~Rays pov~~

It's been one day.

One day since Kelly left. She hasn't been returning my calls or text messages.

I am worried about her. Terrified something bad happened like if she got lost, hit by another car, shot, or maybe she went out to go find Annabel.

I paced around my room, feeling empty, Kelly always would pace behind me trying to keep me calm. But things are different now, she's not here.

And It's my fault.

I don't even know why I was so angry at her, why I slapped her, why I made her cry. I didn't mean to do any of that.

It's my fault Kelly ran out of this room crying. It's my fault Kelly left and it's my fault that I probably won't ever see her again.

This guilt has been killing me, tearing my feelings apart and my focus on finding Annabel. I can't focus on finding Annabel when I am so focused on my feelings toward Kelly.

I stop, stop moving, and stop thinking to myself. I stand there in front of my bed, fingers on my temples, slowly rubbing them.

I close my eyes and sit down on my bed.

All this time after Bella died, I have been searching for someone to love again and I never thought that it would be the one person standing in front of my eyes every day.

And I drove her away. . .

~~Kelly's pov~~

It's been one day.

One day since I left.

I slowly open my eyes, searching for Ray or anyone. There was no one here.

Memories of last night hit me, tears forming in my eyes again.

The argument with Ray, him slapping me across the face, leaving me in tears.

Then, my thoughts move into the issue that I'm in right now. The car last night and the rolling down the hill into a ditch. Feeling my body slam into the car doors, ceiling, then back at the doors, and watching the black car drive away. My head ached, terribly and my breathing slowly increasing rapidly at the thought of last night.

I tried to sit up, instantly regretting it. I was still in my car, my surrounds were tree trunks as the sunlight beamed through the car window. One side of my car had smashed into a tree, tree branches covering the back part. The front side was laying in a small stream of water, the sound of the water brushing against my car, splashing over rocks made my thirst grow.

With barely any strength, step by step I had successfully slowly crawled out of the car, flipping over to lay on my back, closing my eyes. I didn't move, not one inch, I laid there resting my wounds and my eyes.

My back was soar, I had bruises covering my arms and my legs. It hurt to move my legs and I had a major headache that was pounding into my skull. My breathing finally relaxed as I open my eyes, slowly turning to look over at the stream of water.

I couldn't do it. I couldn't make it to the stream, it was so far away from where I had crawled. I forced myself to look back up, meeting a blue sky with white puffy clouds when I carefully move my hand over my pocket. I felt something like a rectangle, stuffed into my pocket as I slowly pull it out. I turn on my phone, 11:34am it read as I went to my dial pad, punching in the numbers 9-1-1.

My thirst was getting worst every second, headache growing rapidly, arms and legs aching. When I had slid my thumb on the call button, I suddenly felt myself getting light headed. Everything around me began to get blurry, I couldn't hear anything not even the sound of the phone ringing into my ear, my body began to ache more and more.

I suddenly found myself not being able to move my mouth, no words were able to come out of my mouth when a lady answers the phone, calling out for someone. My hearing went on and off as I found myself not being able to move.

Am I going to die?

At this point I was terrified. Am I going to get out of this?

Alive?

Unhurriedly my phone began to slip out of my hand as my eye lids steadily closed as I was pulled into darkness.

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! :)

Did you enjoy this chapter? What do you think is going to happen next? What was your favorite or least favorite part in this chapter?