Chapter 1

~◆~Rays pov~◆~

"Come on Ray you have to get out of that chair, you've been in it for two days." I hear Kelly say from behind me as I'm sitting at my desk, trying to find out where Annabel is held at. It's been two days since Annabel got kidnapped and it is all over the news. Everyone in Swellview is questioning if Captain Man will find his daughter.

Every time I think about not finding her, I want to cry. I haven't given up on finding Annabel and I won't. I would do anything to get Annabel back in my arms and hold her.

Even if it means not being Captain Man anymore or telling the whole town who the real Captain Man is.

I just want my daughter back.

"Ray you have to get some sleep. This isn't good for your health." Kelly said. I feel her tiny arms wrap around my neck from behind and her head lays on the top of my head.

Ever since Annabel got kidnapped and after I started searching for her, Kelly has been gentle with my feelings, most of the time.

Twenty years ago Kelly and I didn't like each other at all. She didn't like me because I was dating her sister and she became really protective over Bella. Their parents died in a car crash when she was fourteen, she was also in the hospital at that time. Sadness struck Bella that night, Kelly didn't want anything bad to happen to Bella, neither did I. But that's just something Kelly never understood about me.

I didn't like Kelly because one: she was mean to me when ever she figured out that Bella and I were dating. Two: she kept trying to break us up because she didn't like me. Three: Kelly was just mean and uncontrollably using me as a punching bag.

I hear Kelly sniff my hair. "Whoa," Kelly pauses unwrapping her arms from around my neck and backing up, "and while your at that why don't you take a shower?" I ignored her, rolling my eyes and focus on searching for Annabel on the computer screen.

I'm a total mess without Annabel, I haven't been taking that many showers as I use too or sleeping right. I've been so focused on trying to find Annabel, I haven't really been taking good care of myself.

"Henry tell Ray that he has to take a shower and sleep for a good amount of time." I hear Kelly say to Henry as the elevator doors open, and I hear Henry walking up behind me. I sigh when Henry speaks, his voice soft.

I didn't really pay much attention to Henry, until I felt the palm of Kelly's hand smack the back of my head when she realized I wasn't listening.

"Ray come on speak to us at least say a word." Henry says. I keep my eyes on the computer screen, my back facing them in my spinning chair and pressing more buttons. "Ray your making us really worried."

"I'm worried about Annabel," I finally speak, "this is Brent we are talking about. You two know what he did to her when she was three, and I don't want him to do anything like that again. . . . or even kill her." Tears fill my eyes but I quickly blink them away, shaking my head.

"Yeah but Ray this isn't right. If it will make you feel better we'll try to look for Annabel, while you go get some sleep and take a shower. We'll even go out of Swellview again and look for her if that's what it will take." Kelly says and I finally nod, accepting that I do need sleep and that I need to take a shower, but also that if I didn't agree they would keep this up for another hour.

"Fine but if you find her call me right away." I say turning around in my chair, facing them. Henry was wearing a white and red t-shirt, blue jeans, black converse and his hair waved in the front of his forehead. Kelly was still in her cupcake pajama pants and a hot pink tank top, with her hair pulled up into a messy bun.