Chapter 3

~◆~Henry's pov~◆~

"Ah! Why is it so hard to find Annabel?" Ray asked spinning around in his chair. We have been spending almost a whole day trying to find out where Annabel is at. Usually theses things aren't that hard because we have clues, but this time, we don't. We have nothing to help us expect for the random calls from Brent, but those aren't any help. Kelly thinks that he is just calling us at random times so we get our hopes up, but when he doesn't give us any clues it almost kills our hopes.

 Brent is trying to stress Ray out to the point where he can't take it.

He's playing with Ray's feelings.

"Have you tried tracking Brent's phone?" I ask and he nods, looking down at a necklace around his neck with words carved in it saying 'There's this girl she stole my heart. . .she calls me daddy.' Ray rubs his thumb against it, repeating that until Kelly walks out of Annabel's room.

"Okay, well he sure didn't leave anymore clues other than the calls he has been giving us." Kelly says walking over to the couch." And Annabel's phone is in her room, so tracking down phones and electronics are out." Kelly sits down on the couch, pulling out her phone. Kelly scratches the back of her neck, biting down on her bottom lip.

"Okay so we know that Annabel got kidnapped by Brent," I say pacing around, "who were the other three at the school on prom night?" I add inhaling air before I look between Kelly and Ray looking for answers.

"It has to be Rebecca and Rose," Kelly says and Ray nods, "they always wanted revenge on Ray, so they must of teamed up with Brent." I stop pacing and look at Kelly and Ray.

"Who is Rebecca and Rose?" I ask waiting for another answer. Kelly rolls her eyes as Ray motions for Kelly to tell me.

"Ray you know them better than I do. Bella and you went to school together with them." Kelly said and Ray shakes his head.  

"I'm not in the mood to talk." Ray says, turning around having his back facing us. Kelly glares over at Ray before sighing and  putting her phone away.

"Rebecca and Rose are two girls that almost killed my sister, Bella in high school. Don't know why, but they for some reason hated Bella and Ray. Now that Bella is dead they are wanting to still get revenge on Ray for something he didn't even do," Kelly pausing when Ray gets out of his chair, "anyway they are really dangerous. Their insane and now all-"

"Insane?" We hear Ray ask. "They aren't just insane, their just like everything I said about Brent-" Ray started but was cut off by flashing lights around the main room. Ray groans, annoyed as he turns back around and Gooch shows up on the screen.

"I just got news that Nathan and two others named Logan and James broke out of prison a few days ago, before the winter prom," Gooch speaks changing the subject. Ray glances over at the screen," I have no idea why the police just now told us about it. Also you might want to talk to the citizens so they understand that your still here to help, Swellview," Gooch says and we all nod our heads, "I'm guessing that since Annabel's gone they think your not going to save them."

"Why would they think that?" I ask.

"Because Rays so focused on finding Annabel." Gooch replies. Ray closes his eyes and leans down in his chair, rubbing his forehead.

"Anything else?" Kelly asked and he shakes his head. Gooch disappears from the screen as Ray sighs and plays with his necklace, again. "Ray everything will get better soon," Kelly says attempting to cheer him up, "we will find her if it's the last thing we ever do." Kelly points to me then him and lastly her.

" This is just hard for me. I lost Annabel once and when I finally got her back in my arms," Ray pauses sighing and walking to the lab," she gets taken away from me. It's like the world just doesn't want us to see each other." Ray walks into the lab and when we hear a door slowly close and lock. Kelly sighs, glancing over at me.