Chapter 23

~~Ray's pov~~

Two days. It's been two days since Kelly left and I am not taking this very well. I didn't really want her to go somewhere else. I don't even know why I said that.

"I am nothing like Brent and never will be, don't you ever say that again. I swear Kelly you drive me crazy and I'm tired of it. Why can't you just go somewhere else?"

Did Brooke set us up? Was this all a plan to lead us to Brent and then have Henry shot in his leg?

Kelly was right. She was right about Brooke leading us on into danger with Brent and obviously Brooke is only down here to be closer to me.She's flirting with me. Me! Hugging me, comforting me, and purposely getting Kelly jealous. She only does this stuff when Kelly is in the room.

Even though Kelly does the same stuff, it's different. It holds more emotion and strong feelings that she has toward me. She isn't doing this stuff to get Brooke jealous or to just have someone to hold on too. She really has feelings toward me, unlike Brooke.

I grip the necklace in my hand as I clear my mind and stare at the necklace that reads "There's this girl, she stole my heart. . .she calls me daddy" Tears welled up into my eyes as I flip open the necklace and saw a picture of Bella, Annabel, and I in the snow making snow angels. I loved that memory. It reminded me of how happy Bella was back then before Brent came into our lives. Destroying our relationship and causing us to get a divorce.

"I'm sorry Bella." I whisper to myself. "I promised you I would keep our daughter safe but I failed too. Why can't I ever keep a promise to you?" I let out a shaky sigh as I played with the necklace, spinning it in my fingers as tears build up in my eyes. "I was a terrible husband."

"Do you like it?" I question, nervously as she stands in complete awe, her jaw dropped as a small piece of her light brown hair falls in front of her right eye. She stampers over her words, shutting her eyes before reopening them as her crystal blue eyes meet mine. "No? Do you not like it? I can fix it if you don't, I mean I tried and in my opinion I'm not that great with these kind of things-"

I'm quickly cut off when Bella runs at me, wrapping her tiny arms around my waist as she rest her forehead on my chest. She begins mumbling nonsense in my shirt causing me to let out a small smile. "I love it!" She screeches into my jacket and I bit my lip, preventing me from laughing.

When I look down my eyes meet hers, glistening with excitement and pure happiness. Her cheeks flushed red as she looks down, slowly letting go of my jacket.

I turn my head, my eyes fixed on the dark shy with tiny gleaming stars spread out in the sky with the moon plastered in the corner of the dark sky. My eyes move to the square blue blanket I have stretched out underneath a tree. Small ball lights hang all around in the tree, shining brightly revealing a basket full of food and a circle table sitting on the blanket with two chairs sitting on either side. Twenty tulips and red roses sit in a clear vase in the center of the table, along with the white flowers that have grown in the tree.

"You didn't have to do all this for me." I hear her say, catching my attention quickly as she wonders off toward the tree, taking the white flowers off.

"I did and your worth going through all the trouble." This catches her off guard, pulling her attention away from the tree back to me.

She laughs. "What kind of trouble did you get into when making this?"

"Well first: the flower company that I got the flowers from was rude when I was talking to them. Secondly: It was hard getting you distracted for a few hours to set this all up, and third: I had to get through Kelly."