Chapter 15

~◆~Kelly's pov~◆~

I let out a shaky sigh as his lips pull back from my forehead, eyes closed shut while he runs his fingers across my cheeks.

Gingerly, he scoops my face into his warm bare hands and for a split second we stare passionately into each others eyes.

We were one.

He slowly dips his head down, his lips hovering over mine. My breathing hitches as my eyes widen.

How did we get from talking about Henry to this? Do something! Don't just stand there!

Quickly I'm pulled back into reality when he tilts his head to the side, our noses almost touching. I push him off of me and lean my head back.

"We should go visit Henry in the hospital." He stares at me, shock and disappointment written all over his face before he nods, slowly.

What am I getting myself into?

~◆~Henry's pov~◆~

 Pain. . . 

 Annabel. . . 

I should of never tried to run to Rebecca's car. 

Everything was just so blurry.

 "Henry?" My mom questions, putting her hands on her hips and looking down at me. My dad stood next to her doing the same thing while Piper was standing in the corner on her phone. When Piper walked into the room her face dropped and she dropped her phone, almost breaking the screen to her phone. Piper isn't talking which is. . .different for her. 

 "We almost found Annabel." I say trying to sit up and there eyes widen and they nod. "We were tricked by Brent and the rest of his gang. I ran out to find Annabel but before I could make my way to Rebecca's car, Brent had pulled a gun out behind me and shot me. Annabel ended up not being in the car and now I feel stupid for believing she was. I was just really happy that we had a chance to find her. "

"We got so close, but I blew it. "I mumble a little to loud and clearly because the second I hear Ray, I jump scared half to death.

"Now Henry, "Ray says, coming into the room wearing his costume and Kelly is standing by his side, shock written all over her face, "it is not your fault that we didn't get Annabel. Even if you didn't run out in the middle of the road, Brent still would of shot you. He wouldn't of shot you if it wasn't part of his plan. Annabel wasn't even in the car, they tricked us."

 I look down at my hands as a nurse walked into the room. She walked up to my mom and dad and explained to them that I would be in the hospital for a about two weeks. When she turns around to leave, her eyes land on Ray and her eyes widen. "Captain Man? What are you doing here?"

 "This young boy," he pauses, pointing over at me and her eyes meet with mine," was sadly shot in the leg as you may know by Brent Armstrong. Brent is the kidnapper of my daughter and now for some reason he went after this young boy. I have a few questions for this boy cause his answers could help me."

 Great, way to cover that up Ray.

 I quietly laugh at Rays cover up and she nods. "Do you know him?" She points over to me and he shakes his head. "Good to know." Ray questions her with a strong look as she walks out of the room and Kelly places her hand on his shoulder.

 Rays eyes finally meet with my parents and he sighs. "I'm guessing you know who I am behind this mask." They nod as he motions to his mask and he rubs his temple.

 "Don't worry, Ray they won't tell anyone. Not even Piper." Piper looks up at me and puts her phone away for the first time since she's been here.

 "How did you even find out?" Ray questions and my mom and dad look at each other.

 "It all started that night Henry got kidnapped," they explain (This happened in I Swear It All Over Again) , "before he ran away, that watch of his was beeping and we all started to question why Henry looked so much like Kid Danger. Soon enough it was pretty obvious but we all decided not to tell anyone because we knew that if the town found out, Henry would get fired. Henry loves working for you and being Kid Danger."

 "I can't believe I had a crush on my brother." Piper mumbles and Ray tries not to laugh. "I said that I wanted to marry Kid Danger." At this point Ray, Kelly, and my parents burst out into laughter but I sat there, frozen.

 "Okay," Ray calms down and looks over at me," Henry I really do have questions to ask you." I sit up as he walks over to me and pulls up a chair and sits down next to me. "Brent must of had inside information about if Annabel was going to the prom or not. Now, what I need to know is who do you think might have told-"

 "Ashley Davis or Mortikiy Robinson." I blurt out and Ray smiles. "Ashley wanted her revenge on Annabel and Mortikiy said something on prom night about her being the 'target'."

Ray nods, patting my shoulder. "How are you holding up?" I look down at my hands and shrug.

"I should of never ran out in the middle of the road." I mutter under my breath.

Ray removes his hand from my shoulder and I look up at him. "Shooting someone in the leg or some where else was part of Brent's plan. Brent wouldn't of done that if it wasn't part of the plan, because Annabel wasn't even in the car. It was either going to be you or Brooke."

 "It should of been Brooklyn." Kelly states out, flatly which causes Ray to mumble under his breath and chuckle.

 "And why is that?" Ray glances over at her and she rolls her eyes, walking up to Ray.

 "Because she's Brooklyn," Kelly places her hands on Ray's shoulders, "I hate that girl with all my heart."

 Ray shakes his head. "Why? What did Brooke ever do to you? You two only met a few days ago and in less than five minutes of looking at each other, you both started to hate each other. What caused you to hate her."

 Kelly huffs, stomping her right foot on the ground. "I don't want to talk about it." Kelly mumbles under her breath with no emotion to it at all as she stares down at Ray.

 Ray rolls his eyes, turning his attention back over at me. "Your sure it's one of them?" I nod my head and he gets up out of the chair. "Well let's go track those two down. "

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow!