Chapter 18

~~Annabel's pov~~

 I woke up to Boomer licking the palm of my hand, wait no scratch that, I wasn't asleep. In fact I haven't got sleep at all since yesterday after Brent stabbed that needle into my arm. Boomer was licking the palm of my hand as I stare up at the ceiling, my chest moving at a steady beat as I breathe. Inhaling air and shutting my eyes and reopening them as I stare down at Boomer. 

Boomer digs his sharp teeth into the shirt that I was wearing, tugging and growling. He turns his head to the door as he held onto my shirt. The lights were out in my room, the hallway and I'm pretty sure everyone was asleep in their rooms. Suddenly Boomer lets go of my shirt when he notices that I'm not moving, then he walks to the backpack full of clothes over in the corner and sticks his head into the bag.

 He moves around in the bag, stomping his paws on the ground every once in a while. Then, he sticks his head out of the bag and I quickly notice a silver chain in his mouth. Within seconds Boomer drops the chain in my hand and I suck in air when I realize that he had pulled out the necklace Ray gave me. 

Brent took it off of me a few hours ago after I ate because he said it bothered him. 

 I move my fingers across it as I read the words on the necklace that said "Daddy's girl". With sudden movement I flip the necklace over and I am stricken with horror and disbelief when I realized that there was a opening to the necklace. I use my other hand to grab the necklace as I carefully flip the necklace open, tears filling my eyes, burring my vision as I stare at the picture inside. 

 My mom, my dad, and I were outside playing in the snow. It looks like I was about five years old and I was wearing a light blue winter coat, blue jeans, grey boots, and a light blue hat on. My mom was had on a ghostly white winter coat, blue jeans, black boots, and her hair was curled with a white sparkly hat on.

 Ray was wearing a darker shade of blue, blue jeans, black winter boots, and a dark blue hat. We were all laying in the snow, moving our arms and legs in the snow, creating three perfect snow angels and at the top of the snow angels was drawn in the snow. "Our Perfect Family." 

 I couldn't help myself as the tears slipped out of my eyes as I closed the necklace and cried into my hands. Boomer sensed my sadness as he jumps onto the bed, feeling the bed drop as he walks over to me and rested his head on my stomach. 

 "Annabel slow down." I hear Ray say as I giggle and look up into the sky, sticking my tongue out and a snowflake lands on my tongue. When Ray finally got next to me I looked up at him, smiling.

"Your slow." I say laughing.

"No, I'm not." He disagrees and I laugh harder.

"Yes you are." He glares at me and I squeal when he bends down, cuffing his hands into the snow and forming a snowball. He threw it at me and it hits me straight in my stomach, I do the same thing but my snowball hit him in the face. I  giggle as he closes his eyes, inhaling the cold air.

"Oh your going to get it now." He say, opening his eyes and wrapping his arms around my waist before I run away, pulling me close to him as I scream, slightly laughing. He drags me down to the ground and throws snow against me. I try to fight back but end up slapping him on the cheek. We stop, laying in the snow as I continue to giggle as he rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, thanks for that." He say and I lay my head in the snow. He unwraps his arms from around me and we lay on our backs, looking up into the sky.

"Are you cold?" He ask and I shake my head. We close our eyes making sure that the snowflakes don't get in our eyes. I scoot closer to him, slowly wrapping my arms around him and laying my head on his arm.