Chapter 24

~~Annabel's pov~~

"Annabel I had a daughter before." I suddenly found my jaw dropped. "She decided that she didn't want to see me anymore and just left after her mother died. You remind me so much of her when we would have those 'kind of' father and daughter moments'. Just like now."

"I never really had a strong connection with my daughter and I never could get her to enjoy spending time with me. All I ever really wanted was to have a daughter that would spend time with me, have father and daughter moments."

"Rose shut your mouth!" I hear Brent shout as the sound of glass gets broken and I see little pieces of glass fly out from underneath the doorway. Rose lets out a yelp in pain and I start to hear soft crying. "Yes we are still going to do this whole plan whether I still think of Annabel as my daughter. Never speak of my daughter ever again, do you hear me Rose!"

Rose sobs are muffled from the door as I hear her stutter. "Y-yes." I hear her inhale air as she lets out a shaky sigh. "I'm sorry."

There was silence before Brent's voice filled the room. "I just don't know when to strike at this part of the plan."

"Maybe in a few days."I hear Rebecca suggest. "Kelly is gone now, Henry's in the hospital so Ray has no one to help him."

I take slow and steady steps back making my way to my room across the hall. I slowly close the door and dash to the bed, pulling the blanket over me and curling into a ball. My breathing relaxes as I hear the door slowly open. I could hear Boomer start to growl as the door closes again and I hear foot steps getting closer to my bed. "Annabel?"

Logan?

I slowly push the blanket off of me, my eyes meeting Logan's. The darkness from the room covers his wounds and scars across his face and all around his body. "Logan what are you doing in here? How did you get-"

He quickly cuts me off. "I took my pocket knife out and slowly cut myself free."

"What are you doing here? If Brent finds you he's going to kill you and-"

He interrupts me again. "It's okay Annabel, he's not going to kill me unless I call the cops or tell someone. I just wanted to come up here and make sure he hasn't hurt you."

"If I didn't," he pauses, licking his lip and hissing in pain, "Brent would of killed you, chocked you until you couldn't breath. If I didn't come in when I heard you screaming you probably wouldn't be here right now."

I quickly shake my head, forcing myself to get out of my trance and look over at Logan's dark figure. "I'm alright. He hasn't hurt me that bad."

"So he has hurt you?" I hear his voice go low as he sits on the bed. "What did he do?"

I inhale air. "Nothing," I lie," he hasn't hurt me since the day he tried to choke me."

"Annabel just know, this is going to hurt me more than you." Brent mumbles under his breath as he swings his leg over me, sitting on my stomach and I groan in pain. Struggling to move my hands to my stomach as Brent uses his other hand to intertwine our fingers together, pushing my hand down on the bed with great force.

Brent has the needle in his other hand as he inhales air, lowering the needle down to my right arm. I squirm which causes Brent to stop. "Annabel the more you move the harder this is going to be for both of us."

I lift an eye brow. "Moving only makes the pain hurt worst when I'm putting the needle in. Just relax and when we get done with this, I promise to get you ice cream."

"I don't want ice cream!" I bawl. "I don't want to be here! I want my father and I want to go home! And nothing you do can change my thought."

"Sorry to tell you this Annabel, but this is your new home now and your going to like it!"

I am quickly pulled out of that flashback when I hear Brent's voice and the lights turning on.

"Logan. . ." Brent's voice growls loudly and I flinch.

Logan goes to open his mouth but instead takes his fist when Brent walks up to him, swinging it in the air, making contact to Brent's head. Brent stumbles to the ground, dazed, and groaning in pain. Logan is about to make a run for it but Rebecca and James run to the doorway, blocking him from getting out.

Suddenly Brent gets up, wraps his right arm around Logan, pulling him closer as he says, deadly. "I should have killed you when I had the chance downstairs." He spat out as Logan squirms in his grip, causing Brent's grip to tighten around his neck.

Logan gasped for air, kicking his feet around, attempting to pry Brent's arms off his neck. Brent takes Logan's head, slamming it into the wall, knocking him out in a split second.

I quickly get up off the bed but instantly regret it when Brent yells at me, turning his head in my direction. "Annabel I swear if you move. . ." He leaves it, not wanting to continue as his eyes are filled with anger and his knuckles are bleeding.

His head darts back over to Logan's limp body that lays on the ground. "Okay, that's it, I want him dead by midnight, do you hear me?" He asked Rebecca and James as they nod quickly, dragging his body out of the room.

"Y-your going to k-kill him!" I found myself stuttering over my own words as I sat back down on the bed.

"I told him to stay away from you. I told him that if he escaped it would be the end of him."

I shake my head. "You're insane. No wonder why your daughter and son don't like you or want to hang out with you, and it's probably why your wife left you too."

I instantly regret saying that when I feel him grab my shoulders, taking out his pistol from his back pocket, putting it to the side of my head and growling.

"You shouldn't of said that Annabel. I was going to wait a few more days before we do this, but I think you deserve it now."

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! :)

What do you think Brent is going to do?

Did you enjoy this chapter?