Chapter 16

~~Annabel's pov~~

 "Okay so obviously you can't go into my office." I hear Brent say as he sits behind me on my bed. He picks up my brush and before I could react he scoops some hair into his hand. Brent places the brush on the top of head and slowly, runs it down my head, getting all the tangles out.

 I turn my head to glance at him. "I can brush my own hair."

He ignores what I said, turning my head to look over at the door and scooping another part of my hair into his hands. "You can't go into my room, Rebecca's, Roses, James's, Nathan's, or Logan's-"

 "But you can go into mine any time you want!" I snap thinking that it isn't fair causing him to pull on my hair, earning a loud yelp to escape from my lips. My head flings back to hit his chest, and his hands wraps around my neck, squeezing it to a point where I can barely breathe.

 "What was that?" He growls as I struggle for air, flinging my arm back and gripping his arm. A small whine escapes from my mouth followed by a whimper.

 "Br-Brent! Your hurting me!" I gasp as he tugs on my hair harder, pressing on my neck more.

 "Yes, Annabel I can go into your room," he whispers in my ear, "I am in charge around here and I make all the rules. I told you not to interrupt me or snap at me or you would be punished." I squeeze my eyes shut trying not to focus on the pain that is forming but fail. "Open your eyes when I'm speaking to you Annabel!"

 I open my eyes, terrified as I look into his eyes. "I-I-I'm sorry!" I whimper and whine as I toss and turn in his grip, kicking my feet around causing the hand to grip my neck harder.

 How can Brent go from hating me to caring about me and then back to hating me? 

 Make up your mind!

 Do you want me to be alive or not?

 "Of course you are," he rolls his eyes, "you wouldn't be apologizing if I wasn't gripping your neck!"

 Because you don't deserve an apology.

Brent takes out his phone and opens up the camera. Unexpectedly I feel Brent place his lips on the top of my forehead.  I place my hand on his trying to remove it from my neck as he takes the picture. "Now let's send this to Ray." I hear him mumble under his breath as on my forehead as he uses his free hand to press buttons on his phone. "Or should we post this online and have it all over the news?"

 He looks down at me as tears are prickling on the sides of my eyes. He waits for me to answer his question. "N-neither."

 "Okay we'll do both!"

Suddenly the door swings open, slamming into the wall and I look from the bottom of my eye lids to catch a glimpse of Logan. My vision started to get blurry as I saw Logan run up to Brent. Logan throws a punch to Brent's face, sliding his hand around Brent's neck and slamming his head against the frame of my bed. I felt his hand release from my neck and I quickly roll over to the other side of the bed, feeling hot tears streaming down my face.

 Now, Brent and Logan have their hands pressing on each others necks. I watch as they fall on the floor, hearing a thud as their bodies hit the ground.

"This is what your doing to Annabel! How does it feel? Hurts right?" Logan yells over my cries in pain as my eyes glance over at the door, finding everyone else piling into the room. Rebecca pries Logan off of Brent, flinging him across the room and Logan hits the wall.

 Brent stands up catching his breath as he glares at Logan. "Take him downstairs!"

 There's a downstairs?

 Rose and James drags Logan's limp body out of the room as I attempt to sit up. Brent glances over at me and I could feel the anger he has and how much evil is in his eyes.

"Just so you know Annabel," he pauses as I felt my eyes lids close, "that wasn't your punishment. Your punishment is going to be way worse."

 ~~Rays pov~~

 "How dare he!" I yell, frustrated as I pace back and forth around in my room, Kelly right behind me attempting to calm me down. "How dare he put his hands on my daughter and choke her! I swear if he killed her I'm going to-"

 "Okay Ray you can stop right there!" Kelly interrupts me and I grip my hand into fist, trying to calm myself down. I pull out my phone and stare at the picture of Brent and Annabel. Annabel is crying, gripping his hand as his hand is pressed on her neck. Brent has his lips placed on her forehead and his eyes closed.

My anger was overwhelming when I felt myself unexpectedly throw my fist to the metal wall, causing it to make a loud bang. My hand heals slowly but I was to frustrated to even notice the pain that had been in my body.

 Then Brooke walks in the room, poking her head in the doorway and asking in a quiet sweet tone. "Is everything alright?"

 Before I could control the anger I felt my inside tighten as I turn to look over at Brooke. "Yes everything is alright now get out!" She flinches at how loud my voice was and quickly ran out of the room, closing the door in the process. Kelly rushes over to me, turning me around and she intertwines our fingers together.

 "Everything's going to be okay, Ray. " Kelly whispers as I shake my head.

 "No Kelly, everything isn't going to be okay," I start, "Annabel was kidnapped, hurt, chocked, and she's some where out of Swellview losing her hopes of us finding her every moment we waste our time doing this kind of stuff. "

 "I'm sorry Ray." 

Suddenly my phone vibrates in my hand and I quickly turn it on, swiping the screen. My eyes filled with more anger as I saw that I got a video from Brent. I hesitantly click the play button and my eyes fill with tears as I saw Annabel strapped on a couch, sobbing uncontrollably as Brent takes a needle and presses it on her arm, pushing a clear liquid in her. She screams in an high-pitched voice, almost deafening my hearing as she cries out. "Daddy!"

 Kelly quickly unwraps her arms from around me as she backs up, fear in her blue eyes. "I'm going to kill you Brent!" I scream, throwing the phone across the room and when it hits the metal wall the screen breaks. Pieces of the glass on the phone are on the floor the phone corners are chipped.

 Suddenly I find myself sitting on my bed with my face in my hands, crying to myself.

 "I'm sorry Annabel, "I mumble under my breath," I'm so sorry you have to go through this."

 Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! :)

Did you enjoy this chapter?

What do you think will happen in the next chapter?