Chapter 26

~~Henry's pov~~

"Scarlet what are you doing here?" I question as Scarlet sits down in the chair next to me, putting her pink backpack on the ground. Her light red curly hair bouncing off her shoulders. She wore a pink long sleeve shirt with black hearts, black jeans, and black boots.

She looks over at me. "I just wanted to make sure your getting better."

"Yeah I am." I say as she plays with her shirt, nervously. "How's Ashley doing? Is she still that crazy-"

"Yes!" Scarlet whisper-yelled. "Oh my gosh Henry it's been terrible. Ever since you left she has been out to get me, but when your there she acts like a sweet angle."

"What has she done?"

"Well," she trails off, "one time at lunch she took her soda and ice, and put it down my shirt. Then, when we were in Gym, we were running the mile and every time I got a new lap done she would push me to the ground, and start going on about you."

I rolled my eyes. "Of course those are only small examples. Yesterday Ashley literally pushed me in the girls bathroom and she beat me up. I got this, "she pulls back some of her hair from her forehead, revealing a long discolored scar going across her forehead, "from Ashley. I told the principal about everything she's done, along with other things. "

 "And what did he say?"

 She stomps her foot in anger. "He said that he would take care of it, but has he? No! He's done nothing about this. A few weeks ago when she found out that I told the principal, it's only made things worse. And ever since you left that day, the school has been out of control to."

"Well it is my fault that I'm in the hospital. "

She looks at me questioning me. "How?"

"I can't tell you, you wouldn't understand."

"Was it about Annabel." She blurts out and I suddenly found myself tearing up at the thought of Annabel.

The torture she is going through right now. I wish I could be there to help Ray find Annabel.

I missed the lair and I missed being with Ray and Kelly. Watching them fight and argue was hilarious.

"Was it about Annabel?" I heard Scarlet ask and I simply nod. "What happened? Did Captain Man and Kid Danger find her?"

I shake my head now remembering that Scarlet has no clue that I'm Kid Danger. I hear Scarlet let out a small sigh as she dug for something in her backpack. "Look Henry, since it's almost Christmas," she began and I felt my eyes widen at the thought of that, "I got you a early Christmas present. "

She carefully sets a small box, wrapped with blue wrapping paper and a small white bow in the right corner. "Why an early present?"

She shrugs. "I guess. . .you could say that I probably won't be seeing you anytime soon."

"Why?"

"Family issues." She says almost above a whisper as I nod and look down at the perfectly wrapped present.

 If I don't get out of the hospital soon, I'll miss Christmas with my family. I'll miss it with Ray and Kelly. 

I suddenly felt sadness wash over me at the thought of Annabel not coming back before Christmas. She's going to be with Brent for Christmas!

I won't be able to spend Christmas with Annabel. . .

~~Ray's pov~~

 "Kelly that isn't going to work, love." I say laughing when her head darts over to look at me and her jaw drops.