Chapter 30.

Harry

I hear screaming. I hear crying. I hear Nadine. I burst down the door to see Ryan towering over Nadine, who's lying on the floor. Her cheek is red and swollen as I near closer and Ryan has a fist raised. The message was as clear as day. Nadine had told Ryan she was pregnant. And that it wasn't his. Ryan's about to aim another punch at Nadine when I click the gun in my hand and he freezes, staring at it. I wasn't sure if I had the courage to do it. I just knew I had to get Ryan away from Nadine, for good.

"Harry..." Nadine croaks but I ignore her. I look Ryan deep in his eyes, without blinking.

"You shouldn't be here." Ryan warns.

"Neither should you." I retort. His jaw clenches.

"Raise one more hand to her and you're dead." I threaten, as he raises his fist again.

He gives a cold laugh. "What are you gonna do, shoot me?" He mocks. I click the gun again and raise it to arms length, watching Ryan's eyes widens.

"Harry, don't. Don't shoot him." Nadine begs, helpless on the floor. Ryan laughs again.

"He doesn't have the guts." He mocks. My eyes fall to Nadine on the floor and I take in her pleading look. I catch movement at the corner of my eye and with my heart hammering in my chest, I fire two bullets to Ryan's heart. He was going to hit her again. I just saved her life. I left Nadine screaming, dropping the gun and I ran. I ran, being the coward that I was.

I think about that night as I walk along a lonely path, on my way home. Last time I had checked, Niall had been discharged this morning but I don't have the courage to go and see him, not with his mother still around. With my hands sunk in my pockets, I lift my head up as I walk past the swing park that leads to Louis' street. I was about to look back to the ground when I see her. Nadine. She's sitting on one of the swings with her head bowed as she cradled her bump. A red duffle bag sat next to her and when I swung open the gate to the swing park, her head snapped up.

"Hey." I greet softly and she smiled weakly at me before bowing her head again. "What's with the bag?" I ask curiously, gesturing to the duffle bag at her feet.

"Oh, Niall's mother is living with him now. I don't want her to get the wrong impression of us two, so I decided to leave and give them some space." Nadine explained with a shrug.

"You didn't need to do that." I point out but she shakes her head dismissively.

"It's fine, I didn't want to out-stay my welcome anyway. Niall's been too kind to me. Besides, I had to get away from all the arguing. It was giving me a headache." Nadine sighs, her eyebrows furrowing together.

"So...now you have nowhere to stay?" I ask, befuddled and she flashes me a sheepish smile. I sigh heavily and run my fingertips over my forehead.

"You can stay with Louis." I decide and her eyes widen.

"No, Harry. Louis hates me enough as it is, let alone be in the same room as me." She argues.

"Well, then, he'd just have to grow up and deal with it." I retort spitefully. She gives me a troubled look but she drops it all the same, knowing it's not worth the bother. We sit in a comfortable silence after that, the only thing to be heard was the slight swaying or creaking of the swings or the gentle breeze lapping against our faces. Then, all of a sudden she spoke.

"Harry!" She whispers. I give her a puzzled look when she grabs my left hand and pulls it over to her, placing my palm on her bump.

"What are you-?"