Chapter 46.

Harry

"Harry, are you free? Something's happened." It's Sarah's voice at the other end of the line, sounding concerned. I stop dead in my tracks, with Cara sitting opposite.

"What's wrong?" I ask, feeling scared.

"It's Niall..." She trails off hesitantly and my eyes drift to to the empty coat hanger against Niall's door. "How fast can you get here?" She asks worriedly. I stare at Cara, who's gurgling happily at me. I can't leave her. But then I hear sirens over at her line.

"I'll be there as quick as I can." I promise her and hang up. I end up calling Taylor to come over to look after Cara. I would've taken Cara with me but she was only just born. I didn't want to her to get involved in all of this, she was only a kid.

"Thanks mate, I owe you one." I say to Taylor, as he picks up Cara.

"Don't mention it." He winks at me and I'm out the door in seconds, shrugging my jacket over my shoulders.

Sarah had texted me where they were at so I drove to Cassandra's mansion as fast as I could. When I arrived there, smoke was rising from the rooftops and fire was licking the sides of the building. Blue and red lights flashed everywhere, a crowd surrounded the gates including to black SUV vans – who were the CIA. Scott and Sarah were amongst the crowd so I pushed my way through them all and through the taped-off area.

"Sarah...what's happened?" I ask hesitantly, although I kind of already knew the answer. Niall was in there. He was amongst of all of this. My heart beats faster at the thought of Cassandra even laying a finger on Niall. Sarah's talking to me but I'm not listening to her. My eyes are fixated on the front door that's been burst open. A few moments later, a few firemen appear from the door, along with two ambulance men. The ambulance men are carrying a body strapped onto a stretcher and I peer forward to get a closer look. I see long legs...a face...blonde hair...Niall. Oh God.

I rush forward, past the taped-off area and ignore the protests and Sarah and Scott calling after me. I stand next to the ambulance men and peer down at Niall, who has an oxygen mask around his face. My heart is hammering against my chest but the slow rising and falling of his chest is reassuring me that he's okay. My fear turns to anger, knowing that Cassandra has caused all of this. Why did she do this to him? Why did she drag Niall all the way here? Was it a trap? Frowning, I look at the door again and that's when I see him.

Louis.

He's staggering through the door, coughing and spluttering, with a gun clutched in his right hand. My eyes widen in shock. This isn't the Louis I knew. Louis wouldn't even think about holding a gun, never mind using one. What was he playing at?

"Louis?" I say, through gritted teeth and his head shoots up. His face flushes red and he shies away from me and I can't help but feel guilty. The last time we spoke to each other, I told him my true feelings for him. I'm not surprised that he doesn't want to speak to me at all any more.

He walks past me and goes to talk to Scott and Sarah so I hurry up to them. The three of them are in a deep conversation so my eyes wander over to Niall's body, which is being taken into an ambulance. I try to push past them all so I could sit with Niall but they don't let me.

"Please. I'm his boyfriend." I beg, annoyed, when I realize I'm within arms reach to Niall. I'm about to give up when I hear a voice call my name.

"Harry!" My head spins round and I see Cassandra standing in the doorway of her front her. Her skin is black and grey from the smoke and she's coughing like Louis was. I'm frozen on the spot as I watch her emerge from her mansion. She raises one shaking arm and I realize there's a gun in her hand. My first thought is to flee for Niall but I don't want him to become a target. I'm stood, rigged, when the gun fires and the bullet is flying toward me. I'm about to run for it when I feel a body slam against my own and I'm flung to the ground next to the ambulance. I yelp and cry out in pain as my elbow hits hard off against the ground and pain starts to seer through it. The bullet that was fired from Cassandra's gun ricochets and lands next to me.