Chapter 29.

Niall

Being in a hospital is incredibly boring. There's not much to do except wait around for the doctors to give you the all clear and discharge you. Mum's been in and out from time to time. She brings papers and sweets for me and some DVD's for the TV and I love for it but to be fair, she's doing my head in. She's been on edge since Harry last visited and she keeps going on about him, how he's no good for me. Half of the time I just blank her out.

"Are you even listening to me?" She'd ask and I'd sheepishly shake my head. She'd click her tongue at me then disappear to the canteen. Like, right now. She had just given me another one of lectures about five minutes ago and I nearly dozed off and she left, leaving me alone. One of the doctors had come up to check my dressing and my IV drip but apart from that, I've been left myself. My whole body is beginning to ache and itch since they've reduced the morphine I've been getting. I've got a bandage wrapped around my torso in case of any broken and fractured ribs and I have loads of dressing plastered up the left side of my face.

I'm too scared to look at myself. I know I look horrible, Harry's reaction said it all. My face is stiff and sore from the burns and I keep going scratch at it but I know that'll only make it worse. Feeling annoyed, I slide out my bed and stroll barefoot into the bathroom. I can't help but wince at my reflection. I stare down at my shoulder, my arm in disgust. Underneath the dressing, my skin is all splotchy and puffy from the 3rd degree burns. I gently peel of an edge of one of the dressing and I gag a little at the sight, closing it back over. I sigh exasperatingly and walk back into my room.

I'm about to head into bed when I see Taylor standing in the doorway, knocking politely. He's dressed in a pair of old jeans, a grey Cotton sweater with a black blazer hugging his shoulders and a pair of old white converse. He's holding a bouquet of white lilies and smiling fondly at me. 

"Can I come in?" He asks casually and I nod, gesturing to the visitors seat that Harry once sat in as I sit down on my bed. "These are from Harry." He adds and sets the lilies down on my bed. I take the likes in my hand and sniff them before smiling a little.

"He couldn't have delivered them himself?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"He knows when he's not wanted." Taylor tries and I scoff.

"I'm not so sure about that." I admit and he chuckles lightly.

"So how are you feeling?" He asks, changing the subject.

"Bored." I mumble and he smiles sympathetically at me.

"You'll be out in no time." He assures me and I can only nod, not really wishing on it.

"How are the twins?" I question.

"They're good. Both 11 now, just started high school." He beams, a shimmer in his eyes. I smile back at him, feeling proud of him. Just by looking at him, you can already tell that Taylor is a family man, he's so loyal, especially to Harry. "I have a picture actually." He adds and he takes out his wallet and brings it a small, square-pieced photograph and hands it me. Taylor's old-fashioned like that. Instead of showing me pictures on his phone, like what other people would do, he'd keep pictures stashed up in his wallet. I gaze down at the photograph and my smile broadens. I'm looking at a younger looking Taylor, with boyish hair and a cheeky smile. He has one twin balanced on his shoulders and the other twin is clinging onto his leg, pretending to be shy. A beautiful brunette stands next to him, smiling adoringly at him, not even looking at the camera. The twins both have swimsuits on and they're all standing next to a kiddies swimming pool. It was taken in the summer.

"They look amazing." I gush and he chuckles, looking bashful as he takes the picture back. We sit in a comfortable silence after that, both of us unsure of what to say.