Chapter 17.

Niall

The front door opens and I pull away. Louis' standing in the doorway. He closes the door behind him and walks over to his bedroom, ignoring us both completely. I shuffle away from Harry, leaving a tiny gap between us and Harry sighs, leaning himself against the table where my bag is placed. He licks his lips and grabs my bag behind him and takes it into my bedroom.

I'm about to open my mouth to speak when Louis clears his throat behind us, standing in the doorway of my room. He's holding his suitcase by his side and his jacket is slung over his arm. "I want to leave." he announces. Harry straightens up and frowns at him.

"You know I can't let that happen." he replies and Louis rolls his eyes.

"You're not the boss of me, Harry. There is literally no purpose of me being here and you know I can't stand Nadine." Louis pleads and Harry's jaw clenches.

"That doesn't matter. Your safety does." he retorts and Louis huffs, folding his arms across his chest.

"I want to take a vacation, like Taylor did. I want to visit my family in Doncaster." he demands.

Harry is taken off-guard, because he knows can't really deny Louis from seeing his family.

"At least let me take you to the airport." Harry insists, grabbing his jacket which is lying over the arm rest of the sofa.

"No, I can take myself. It's fine." Louis waves his hand dismissively but Harry protests.

"Louis, I'm taking you whether you like it or not." Harry frowns, attempt to brush past Louis but Louis only places a hand firmly on his chest and shoves him backwards a little bit.

"Harry, you can't keep us all safe. That's not your job. You can't keep three people - a pregnant woman included - safe under the one roof for the rest of your life. It doesn't work like that." Louis' words are harsh and maybe it's meant to be some kind of wake up call for Harry. Harry is left dumbfounded as I watch Louis leave without even a goodbye.

The next morning, Harry gets a call. I'm standing at the kitchen counter when it happens, a bowl of cereal in my hands. I'm wearing a pair of gray boxers and a white t-shirt, one leg crossed over the other. "Mrs. Tomlinson? Is everything all right?" Harry sounds mildly concerned as he speaks to the person at the other end of the line.

"I'll figure something out." Harry mumbles before hanging up. He's already fully dressed and I can tell he's about to leave.

"Everything all right?" I ask curiously, scooping up a spoonful of cornflakes.

"It's Louis. He didn't return home last night." Harry admits, looking infuriated.

My eyes widen and I set my bowl aside, pushing myself off of the side of the counter.

"I'll help look -"

"No. One person has already disappeared, I don't need you to disappear -"

"I'm not gonna disappear." I argue.

"That's what Louis said." Harry frowns and I glare at him. Now I know why Louis gets worked up. He doesn't have the freedom he needs.

"Please, I wanna help -"

"You can help by staying put. Besides, you're not even dressed. You're only holding me back." he snaps and he vanishes before I can argue with him more.

"Dick." I muttur when the door is closed. I dump my dishes into the sink and walk into the living room, the TV on. I hear the floor board creaking behind me and I look up to see Nadine standing in the hallway.