Chapter 10 ♪ Underdog

At six thirty pm Chris stood in the kitchen gathering the things to cook with, he cleaned the pan he was going to put the chicken fingers on as the stove heated up and the water heated on the stove's eye. Audrina sat at the kitchen table with a can of cherry coca cola in front of her, she was still unsure about staying but she wasn't sure about leaving either. After she told him she would stay, then entered his embrace, he held her for a minute or two and told her he wasn't going to let her leave anyways. Audrina wasn't sure how to feel about his sentence, she didn't question him nor spoke a word when he said that, after a while of silence he asked if she was hungry. She said yes. So here they were, in the kitchen together in silence. Chris opened the bag of chicken fingers and poured it into the pan, not caring if they were piled up on each other, but that was Audrina's pet peeve.

"Chris," she spoke, he looked at her with the expression of shock. She hadn't spoken a word to him in a while and he was preparing himself not to hear from her until tomorrow (maybe not even then) he would see the expression of her being in deep thought, and he figured she was thinking about this whole situation. Which he had been too since the argument. The questions his mind would ask, he couldn't answer them truthfully, because he had no idea what to say. much less tell the truth. "lay them out next to each other."

He looked back at the pan and began pulling them off each other and laying them neatly beside another, Audrina smiled softly, now that was much better she thought.

"I'm surprised to hear that you're talking to me." Chris said honestly.

"Don't take it for granted, I should be really mad at you."

"Why aren't you then?" he challenged.

"Oh I am mad at you, just not as mad as I should be." Audrina told him, he smirked slightly.

"I guess that's what we are, just anger against each other."

Audrina nodded in agreement. "Now what do we do?"

"Well, are you staying or going?"

Audrina bit her bottom lip in thought, what should she say? Should she leave, should she go? The decision was hard, she couldn't make up her mind. She was confused, angry, upset, and embarrassed that she actually told him how she felt about Chris' songs about her.

"I guess..." she said slowly and softly. "I'll stay."

"Good choice," Chris said. "then I guess we start talking about shit."

"You mean us?"

Chris nodded with a smirk, then the oven beeped. He pushed the pan into the oven, shut the door then turned his focus to the water to see it was beginning to boil.

"Yes I do mean us."

"I thought you did." Audrina mumbled, he looked at her for a few seconds before speaking.

"You're making the salad."

"I told you that you were cooking!"

"Yes, and I'm the chef. So you do what I say, get your little round ass up from that chair and start making the salad woman!" he said with a commanding tone, Audrina was speechless. She took a sip of her coke, stood up then opened the refrigerator. "that's what I thought."

He was asking to be slapped wasn't he? She gathered the stuff for the salad, dropped it onto the counter.

"I need a bowl," she told him, he reached down and opened a cabinet door, pointing towards it. She got down onto her knees and found a plastic bowl which was big enough for them both, she placed it onto her work station then began fixing the salad Chris obviously didn't want to do. "can't we listen to music?" she asked him. She worked better and concentrated better with music playing, she cleaned while listening to music, drove while listening to music, played games while listening to music. It was safe to say she lived while listening to music.