Chapter 20 ♪ Puppets 2

Chris swallowed the food in his mouth before speaking.
"Don't worry about it, we're past it." he told her, she nodded in agreement.

"I didn't call Elizabeth though, she's probably on her way now." Audrina said.

This was a test to see if he would tell her what he did and he failed it.

"Just call her and tell her to go back."

Audrina licked her bottom lip in anger, she could not believe that he just didn't confess that he called Elizabeth right then. Did he really think she wouldn't find out? Telling her the truth would be a lot easier on him.

"I would," Audrina began with a shrug. "but you already called her."

Chris didn't look apprehensive once she said that, in fact he seemed very unfazed, like he couldn't care less that she knew. He sipped his drink for a moment before saying;

"Oh."

"How did you get her number?"

"I got into your phone to get it," Chris replied calmly. "not a very good code, by the way."

"I cannot believe you!" she hissed a little too loud, he shushed her angrily then looked around the restaurant to see people staring at them suspiciously. Whispering to each other, exchanging theories of what was happening. He looked away quickly, clearly embarrassed now. "what made you think that you could get into my phone and get people's phone numbers whenever you please?"

Chris kept his voice low when he answered. "I told you I wasn't going to let you leave."

"And what if I was still planning on leaving, do you think you can make decisions for me and expect me to just follow through with it now?!"

"That's what you've always done," he spat lowly. "and honestly if it keeps you here so we can work on this, I'll do it again in a heartbeat."

Audrina stared at him in disbelief, she was beyond angry with him right now. Was he completely mad or just desperate to have a female around? She wasn't sure but the whole idea bothered her severely and if they weren't in public she would be screaming at him like her life depended on it.

"I'll be out in the car."

"Oh okay, that's nice since I paid for this food you're not even going to finish." Chris spat as she stood up, she didn't speak and left Chris sitting alone with two plates of food.

Everyone was staring at him with dirty looks on their faces, whispering to another, even wondering if they should help the girl if she was in danger all because of Chris' appearance.
The doors were locked which left Audrina to lean up against the hood, anger in her eyes and hatred on her face. She had her arms folded over her chest, staring at the glass door for Chris to walk out but apparently he wasn't going to any time soon and she wasn't going to sit with him and eat, besides her appetite faded away. Audrina sighed, they couldn't stop arguing long enough to talk about anything about them, how was this even going to work? That was the problem, Audrina had no faith that they would work, she felt like she was ruining her entire life with him. The door opened and Chris marched outside, keys in hand. It was obvious that he was pissed off, he was silent, even ignoring her presence. He unlocked the doors and climbed in, starting the engine too quick. Audrina climbed in too, sitting in silence with her arms folded over her chest.

"Well, wasn't that just lovely?" Chris said sarcastically. "I wasted money on food you didn't even eat and thanks to you the people in there now think I abuse you!"

Audrina looked at him, her eyebrows pulled together in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Chris sighed. "When I was paying I overheard someone say I must be abusive since you ran out and they were thinking about calling the police."

"Oh, so it's my fault because people assume things?"

"Well if you didn't flip your shit and ran out," he looked at her. "you're just too dramatic!"

"And you're psycho!"

"Oh okay," he agreed angrily. "I'm done talking." he slammed the mustang into reverse ad stomped on the gas as his heart pounded rapidly, he couldn't handle this stupid bickering forever.
He drove to Walmart in utter silence, not even turning on the radio to listen to music, that's how Audrina knew he was probably a lot more angrier than she thought he was. He parked not far from the door, cut the ignition off then looked at her with angry brown eyes.

"Are you coming?"

"No."

Chris rolled his eyes. "Whatever."

He climbed out, leaving the keys on the middle console with her. With his sunglasses on he marched into the large building without getting noticed, yet anyways. He headed directly towards the shampoo etc aisles, his mind pounding painfully with a migraine, luckily with the sunglasses on light wasn't making it worse. He reached the packages of condoms and stood in front of them, observing the price tags. Different brand names, different price tags but the same job. He grabbed a Trojan box and went with it, he always went with Trojan anyways. He stood in line to check out when an idea clouded his mind, he ditched the line to grab one more thing before leaving.

Audrina waited impatiently for Chris while listening to music on the radio, she was watching strangers leave their cars and get in. It wasn't entertaining but what else was she meant to do while sitting here in wait? The driver side door opened and Chris climbed it, handing her a bag and she took it in silence.

"Put it on the floor."

She reached down to do so but stopped when something caught her eye, she opened the bag and spoke with surprise.

"I thought you were straight edge?" she asked, leaning back against the seat with a bottle of whiskey in her grasp.

"Yeah," he mumbled. "then I brought you here."

She stared at him, anger flaring in her eyes, she put the bag on the floorboard and sighed loudly.

"Fine, but if you get drunk and start acting like a dumbass. I'm not helping you."

"I honestly wouldn't want your help, Audrina." Chris told her, Audrina didn't believe he was going to get drunk. She had a feeling he was just overreacting and by the first sip, he would be done in an blink of an eye.