Chapter 13 ♪ Death March

After they left the restaurant with full stomachs Chris followed his brother's truck to Norah's favorite store, it was an antique store that she hasn't been to in months. Norah loved antiques, that was all in her house, and even though she bought a lot her children never said anything bad about it. They parked beside each other then walked into the store, hearing some soft entertaining music playing over the intercom. The store wasn't busy, there was a handful of people looking around including them. They walked together for a while then eventually got separated, the two brothers were together and the three women stayed together.

"So," Chelsea said as she walked slowly beside Audrina watching Norah look at the antiques with interest. "do you like my brother?"

"Honestly?" Audrina asked, Chelsea nodded then looked at her. "no I don't, or at least I don't think I do."

"Is it because of his career?"

"No it's not," Audrina replied then sighed softly with awkwardness. "it's hard to explain and I definitely don't want to talk bad about your brother."

"Hey don't worry about it, Nick and I talk bad about him all the time. But of course we're playing, if something is going on I can help and I definitely won't tell my mom?" Chelsea said, lowering her voice.

"I doubt Chris would want me to tell you."

"Chris doesn't have to know." Chelsea told her with a smirk, Audrina laughed.

"I'll give you some information, alright?"

"Okay, hit me." she said, her walking slowed down so they were getting further away from Norah but she hadn't noticed that. Audrina swallowed hard then looked at Chelsea.

"I didn't know Chris was dating this girl Sabrina, he never mentioned it to me and I only found out because one of the band members. We hate each other, all we do is argue and just treat each other like shit. We're miserable with each other and I see it. I've tried to avoid him several times, ignoring his phone calls, text messages, video chats. But every time he found his way back into my life, showing up at my house, contacting me on everything I own. It's hard to ditch him and he won't step out of my life. He asked me to come here with him so we can work out what we want, I don't even know if I want to continue this with him. I know he likes Sabrina and I don't even know why he keeps me around, I think we're just addicted to the pain we give each other."

"Wow," Chelsea said. "I didn't know he was that hooked with you, I just thought you two were friends. Though the way he looks at you looks like he's ready to choke you out or just pull you into a tight hug and squeeze you to death."

"Trust me, there's been times where I've wanted to kill him."

"Well if you hate him, why did you agree to come to Pennsylvania?"

"Because I'm stupid," Audrina replied with a shrug. "but I honestly don't know, I guess in some weird way I don't want him out of my life."

"Can I ask something, I just want a simple yes or no answer, and that's all I need to know."

"Sure?"

"Are you pregnant?" she asked.

"No, I'm definitely not pregnant."

Chelsea sighed loudly. "Oh thank you, because I was thinking that's why you two were trying to work things out."

Audrina laughed. "No that's not it, I'm definitely not pregnant and I don't want to be."

"So he broke up with Sabrina..."

"So he wasn't cheating." Audrina told her. Her mouth formed an O.