Chapter 16 ♪ Cobwebs

Chris' eyes opened slowly that next morning. He was lying on his back, his arm dangling over the side of the bed and his head facing the window. He laid still for the longest time it seemed while trying to fully wake up and get motivated, but his mind was clouded by a thought already and it was about the dream he had. He dreamt of Audrina, which wasn't unusual because he has had dreams about her before. In this dream Audrina did leave, he couldn't stop her and he watched her get into some car and drive off without looking back. The whole situation exploded in this dream, the beginning of an argument and it even made it's way to her bedroom where she was packing but he didn't kiss her nor sweep her off her feet to take her to his bedroom. Instead he tried to talk her out of it, he begged her to stay, but her mind was dead set on leaving and she did leave. It felt more like a nightmare than a dream to him. Chris couldn't understand his feelings, he couldn't understand any of this that was going on between them. His feelings felt like they were fooling him because he knew he couldn't stand her, she was the opposite of what he wanted in a woman. But very deep inside she kept him determined in some strange way, she pushed him to do better and he liked that feeling from her. He enjoyed laying her down on her back and climb between her legs and explore her body with his hands, he enjoyed that and he enjoyed how in bed it's like arguing never went on with them. That's where their enthusiasm remained Chris figured, where they could kiss and touch each other without being madly in love but anywhere outside of bed they were arguing like children. Some times Chris didn't even know what they were arguing about, it just happened and continued on. He didn't think he liked her in any way, yet the thought of her leaving drove him mad, he didn't feel like he was using her for sex either, but that was where his dilemma started. What was he using her for, why was he desperately trying to keep her around? Did he like her, did he like having her in bed, did he like the fights between them or what? That was something he needed to find out to work this out between them and Chris knew that, but he didn't know where to start or how to work it out. He blew out a breath of frustration then rolled over onto his side, facing Audrina now who had been facing his back before. Her eyelids were shut gently, she was breathing peacefully and her pale face illuminated even more in the mornings. Her white hair flowed around her face, even some strands in her face and this made her seem like an angel. Her eyelashes were jet black and incredibly long, she didn't need mascara but for some reason wore it anyways. His eyes wandered from her face to her wrists where her tattoos were, he remembered the day she sent him a picture of her first tattoo which was the tribal butterfly. She told him the meaning, but he couldn't remember the meaning to save his life at the moment. She got the love tattoo on one of her birthdays, he couldn't remember which one but he was positive it was recent. She didn't give him a meaning for that one but Chris knew there was a meaning, most tattoos had one, even if it was stupid.
Audrina was a beautiful girl, Chris wouldn't deny it if someone asked him if he thought she was beautiful he would say yes, as she is. She had soft smooth hair that he loved to bury his fingers in, bright green eyes that held a story, a huge smile that took up most of her face, perfect facial features and a body that he just loved to touch. She was an awesome friend before they despised each other, she had a sense of humor and they both were able to make the other laugh at any mood and they were always giving each other advice. He remembered that night in the hotel, he made a move and kissed her and it led more to just a kiss. She hadn't even mentioned she was a virgin until the moment before anything happened, he did feel somewhat special that she was giving him her virginity but to this day he wondered what happened to them after that. It didn't seem long until they got into that huge argument and began hating each other. He didn't remember what the argument was about but he does remember that it was bad, they said some things they shouldn't, things they probably didn't mean but it came out anyways. Chris reached out and pulled the strands of hair out of Audrina's face gently, careful not to wake her up. He leaned forward, placed his lips against her forehead for a brief moment then got up from the bed. He stretched his arms over his head then made his way to the bathroom to empty his bladder. He didn't look bad in the mirror, he had bed hair and his makeup was smeared a bit but he was able to fix it so he didn't look like crap. Once he was finished in the bathroom he didn't bother to go throw on some pants, a shirt or even socks. He was barefooted, wearing his boxers and was shirtless but this was his house and if he wanted to walk around butt naked he could. He made his way to his kitchen and opened the refrigerator. He could fix some breakfast, he was hungry and he figured he needed to butter Audrina up after she wakes up and realizes he called Elizabeth and told her not to show up even though he wasn't one hundred percent sure she was staying. She was stuck now. He gripped the carton of eggs and laid it on the counter then looked for the package of bacon he knew he bought, he wasn't a fabulous cook but he could cook and it was edible. He put the bacon on the counter then found the pans and put them on the oven's eyes. It wasn't long until he had bacon and the eggs frying when the house phone began ringing, he didn't hesitate to grab it and answer.