Chapter 22 ♪ City Lights

Audrina's eyelids slowly opened hours later from her nap. She could feel the heaviness on her eyelids, wanting her to go back to sleep but she was awaken by music playing outside of the guest bedroom very loudly. She lifted her head up slightly, looking through the window to see that the sun had set and it was becoming dark outside.
How long have I been asleep? she questioned in confusion. She pushed herself up from the bed by her palms and stumbled to her feet, making her way to the door as she began to wake up. She pulled the door inward and was attacked by music and although she was curious of why Chris was playing music this loud, she went across the hallway to the bathroom and shut the door for privacy. Audrina glanced at the mirror and stopped, sighing at her reflection. Her makeup was a little messed up, but using her fingertips to wipe away the smears; her makeup was great again. She also decided to fix her hair a bit, she had bed hair but who never did? Besides that, her throat was dry and her bladder was about to bust. She didn't feel angry anymore and she was relieved because of that, though she wasn't too sure if Chris was no longer angry but she knew she would find out in just a moment.
Once she had left the bathroom she slowly made her way down the hallway, observing parts of the living room she could see. She could see the back of the couch and didn't see Chris, so she figured he was in the kitchen. She recognized the band that was playing but the song to her was unknown, all she knew was that it was Slipknot because she knew Corey Taylor's voice (since she was a fan of Stone Sour and Slipknot as well). She approached the couch, eyeing the doorway towards the kitchen but didn't see him there either. She felt uneasiness in the depths of her stomach, he did have a bottle of whiskey to himself when she laid down for a nap and obviously that was hours ago, he could be wandering the streets drunk right now.

"Welcome back sleeping beauty," Chris slurred. She turned her head to see he was lying on the couch, one eye open. His arms were behind his head and his feet were on top of each other. She saw the bottle of whiskey sitting on the floor beside him and she couldn't tell how much he had to drink already. "I thought you had died, I was going to awake you with a kiss."

Yep, he's drunk, she thought disappointedly.

"Sorry, I guess I was drained."

"That's funny," he said and she looked at him like he had lost his mind which he probably has, all of his common sense was numbed from the alcohol.. "sit, don't just stand there. You're making me nervous."

Audrina glanced at the recliner and without much thought, she sat down and leaned against the cushion; staring at him silently. He was nodding his head slightly as if he was headbanging to this song that no one should headbang to and also tapping his bare foot onto the other with rhythm, he shut his eyelids again and began humming to the song. Audrina blew out a breath, uncertain of what to do with a drunk Christopher Cerulli. This was a first experience for her because she knew Chris never got drunk, hell she was almost certain he's never been drunk before but she wasn't one hundred percent positive about it.
The song ended and the apartment became silent which gave Audrina a moment to get her hearing back before another song played, Chris had sat up and grasped the bottle of whiskey below him and turned it up, chugging the liquid. His face twisted and he saw Audrina staring at him with a blank expression so he reached the bottle towards her, but she shook her head side to side.

"No thank you."

"Aw, why are you such a party pooper sweetheart?" he slurred, she continued to stare at him.

"This isn't a party."

"I can make it a party if you want?"

"No, I think one drunk person tonight will be enough for me tonight." she insisted, he raised his eyebrows.