Chapter 6 ♪ Puppets

"Welcome to my apartment," Chris announced as he unlocked the door then pushed it open, he stepped aside and let Audrina walk into his apartment first. It wasn't something she was expecting from a singer, she was expecting a huge house with six bedrooms, five bathrooms, two livings room, a garage filled with nine cars, a indoor and outdoor pool, a game room, theater room, the whole package but she was glad to see Chris obviously wasn't like that, he didn't waste money just because he was rich and made possibly millions of dollars. The apartment was clean surprisingly, the carpet was caramel colored, the walls were white and the furniture wasn't hideous. "what do you think?" Chris asked her after a moment of silence, she looked at him then shrugged.

"Not bad."

"Well, I'm not a hoarder," Chris told her with a shake of his head. "come on and I'll show you your room."

He led her down a hallway to the guest bedroom, it was decent size with a king size bed, a dresser and a closet. The carpet was the same color as it was in the living room, and so were the walls. The bed didn't have sheets nor pillows but she figured Chris would be nice enough to spare some, the dresser was a dark brown color and the bed frame was black, there was a window at the far side of the room and it overlooked the road. Surely people knew Chris Motionless lived in this apartment, how does he keep them away? Maybe they weren't fans. Chris had left her to unpack in peace and she spent her time to find places for her belongings, there were coat hangers hanging in the closet so she hung up her shirts, but placed the pants and lingerie in the dresser. She tossed the shoes she brought into the closet as well, but left her bathroom bag on top of the dresser. Once she was done she exited the bedroom and glanced down the hallway at Chris' bedroom door, it was shut, and she figured she shouldn't bother him so she headed to the living room and heard something coming from the kitchen. The kitchen wasn't big, but it wasn't small neither. Chris was standing in front of the open refrigerator door searching for food, he was always eating, he liked to eat and he wouldn't deny that.

"Do you really think this will work?" Audrina asked suddenly since he hadn't noticed she was standing at the doorway, Chris gathered a bunch of things for a sandwich then dumped them all onto the counter beside the refrigerator. He grabbed a Monster, shut the door, then found the loaf of bread.

"Us?" he asked, Audrina sighed softly.

"Who else Christopher?"

He sighed and untied the loaf of bread, grabbing four pieces. "Want one?"

"Sure, thank you."

"And I think it will work eventually, at least we'll be able to talk and figure out what the hell we're doing with our lives."

"Do you think we'll be able to live together without killing each other?" Audrina asked him, he laughed.

"We made it this long without killing each other."

"True, but we weren't living together and I could ignore your texts and calls."

Chris looked at her then smirked. "So could I."

"Now I can't ditch you."

"Neither can I," he said then tossed the butter knife into the sink. "we'll just have to suck it up I guess."

"So, what do you do once you come home from a concert or tour?" Audrina asked him, watching him make her sandwich, surprisingly he wasn't bad.

"Sleep," he responded with a laugh. "I usually sleep for days just to get the sleep I lost while on the bus, you can't get a goodnight's sleep on that thing. So, I come home, take a shower, get something to eat then go to sleep."