Chapter 24 ♪ Reincarnate

Ring, ring, ring! That was the noise that caused Audrina to wake from her dreaming of Chris that next morning. She pushed herself to get out of the bed even though she wanted to go back to sleep and ignore the annoying ring of the house phone, but when it did stop whoever was calling redialed, so Audrina guessed it was important. She made her way down the hallway with blurry vision as it slowly adjusted to the bright sun shining through the living room windows. She approached the white house phone and answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"I've called for the third time, what were you two doing?" spat a familiar male's voice. "having morning sex?"

"Who is this?" Audrina interrogated.

"Ricky, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I just woke up." Audrina replied then rubbed her eyelids.

"Just woke up?" Ricky asked in disbelief. "it's almost two thirty."

Thinking that he was kidding, she looked at the time on the oven and was stunned to see that he was telling the truth. Five minutes to two thirty.

"Wow."

"We were about to go get lunch, I was calling to see if you two wanted to join?"

"I'll go wake up Chris then have him call you back, okay?" Audrina told him.

"Sounds good, have fun waking him up." Ricky chuckled then hung up shortly after. Audrina put the phone back on the charger then marched to Chris' bedroom.

The sun flooded the bedroom when Audrina walked in and she saw Chris clearly. He laid on his stomach with his head turned towards her where she saw the glisten of fresh drool at the corner of his lips, his left arm hung over the side of the bed and his fingers brushed the carpet. The blankets were tangled around him and they didn't cover his bare back nor his legs and Audrina realized he was naked, as she stepped closer she saw his pale butt cheeks. Seeing him made her reminisce last night and she already felt the awkwardness building between them, she even wondered if things were going to change between them completely now.

"Chris!" she exclaimed, shaking him rapidly. But all he did was slur in response. "Chris wake up!"

But still he laid asleep. She stopped shaking him in thought, when she decided to try a trick. She climbed onto the bed then stood up and you guessed it, she started jumping up and down. The mattress squeaked from underneath her feet and Chris' body was bouncing with her.

"Audrina," he slurred. He lifted his head a bit but his eyelids remained shut. "Audrina!"

She froze immediately then jumped to her knees where she sat beside him.

"Are you awake?" she asked and he groaned. "I will take that as a yes! Ricky called."

"So?" Chris mumbled, he lifted his hand and wiped away the drool then dried his hand on the bed sheet.

"He invited us to lunch, I told him that you will call him back."

"I'm hungover," he whined. "I have a headache."

"Aw, you poor baby." she said in a soft voice.

"Where's my phone?" he interrogated, she shrugged then glanced over at the nightstand but she didn't see it.

She got up from the bed then wandered out of the bedroom towards the living room where she found it on the couch, while she was gone Chris had decided to toss over onto his back. He had a headache that seemed to get worse by the second and the sun made his eyes hurt, the only thing he wanted right now was aspirin but unfortunately he didn't have that anywhere in the apartment. He heard her coming into the bedroom before he saw her with his cell phone, he took it without thanking her for finding it then turned it on to see he had a text message from Ashley. He was confused at first because she never just texted him unless he texted her first and obviously he didn't remember texting her last night but when the saw it, he felt a little humiliated.