Alternative Ending - In Vain Part 2

****sorry for the chapter. It's all I had time to write today. I'll
Make up for it with the final part tomorrow."

Aug's b-day

August POV-

The next morning Jazz caught a flight out to wherever her and "billy goat" were going.

I didn't offer to take her to the airport, nor did she ask. She had an uber come pick her up.

We gave each other a bland ass goodbye. No hug. No kiss. Just words.

But she say goodbye to Chi and he cried something serious until he eventually fell asleep.

I didn't care anymore. Most niggas would have been dipped six months after she was acting funny, but I stayed because I wanted to work shit out.

I figured it was an emotional wall at first but now I know she was just being an asshole.

It's my birthday today however. It's almost 7 in the evening. She didn't call. Didn't send a text. Just silence.

Oh except for her retweeting some shit about "billy goat's" new single. Don't nobody wanna him cackle over a track. 😒

My phone buzzed.

Trey: happy birthday Yung. Enjoy.

I ignored that shit. I don't need you wishing me no fucking happy birthday. Stop taking my lady away from me how about that? Stop hogging all her fucking time under the guise of business?

This nigga had some nerve. 😡

But how the hell can he remember my birthday but my girl can't?

Everybody has wished me happy birthday or came to visit me but her. The closet thing I had to a party was earlier when I spent the afternoon with Chi and Princess. They brought me gifts and Princess baked me a cake.

You know what, I'm done. No more fighting for a relationship that was dead the moment we got back together.

I'm calling her ass and cussing her out, then breaking this shit off.

I angrily yanked my phone off the charger and dialed Jazz number.

"Hey." She picked up laughing.

"Ain't shit funny. That's all you got to say to me?" I heard old Aug resurfacing.

"August I'm busy. I don't have time for whatever you upset about."

"tell you what. Don't let me stop you. I just want you to know you can be free to find somebody you really love since it ain't me."

"August..." She tried to interrupt.

"Don't fucking August me. I messed up true but now you playing me. You think my feelings some type of sick game, so you know what, You ain't got to worry about me interrupting you ever again. Imma have all yo shit sent to your house. And you and billy goat can be together since that's who you really want. Cool? Cool."

She tried to say something but I hung up on her.

I jumped up and went to gather all her shit. I wasn't going to play her like she did me with the charity.

I was going to put it in some plastic storage bins and send this shit out first thing tomorrow when the post office opened.

I went to my basement got some storage bins I had and started packing her shit.

And you know what confirmed I was making the right decision, she didn't even call or text afterward.

My doorbell rang. I ignored it. That was until I heard the door open.

"I ain't got shit to say. Get out my house." I walked down the stairs thinking it was Jazz only to be met with T.

"Who you think I was?" He had a donkey piñata in his arms.

I rolled my eyes and went back upstairs to finish packing her shit.

T came upstairs.

"What you doing?"
He leaned on the door.

"What it look like? Packing Jazz shit. I'm not gon beg nobody to be with me." I put her things in the bin.

"How you begging? When she with you."

"She don't love me. She ain't even said it. Nor do her actions show it. So, fine. We can both move on."

"If that's how you feel then. You right. Don't stay where nobody don't want you. But it's your birthday come to the club with me."

"I don't go to the club."

"Jazz ain't your girl no more right? Don't let her dictate whether you can go out or chill or not."

"You right. I'm up here calling and asking for her permission like some loser trying to be respectful. You right T. What club you want to go to?"

"Skylight."

"Yeah. Skylight chill and when it was just us when I didn't have a girl, that's where we hung out."

"Exactly. Plus they got hookah." T said.
"I'll be downstairs while you get ready. I'll call Knuck nem to meet us.
It'll just be us guys. I call
Sean too." T said going downstairs.

Yes, I wasn't going to let nobody ruin my birthday. I was just gon go out and chill with my guys. I haven't done that in a while anyway.

I closed my bedroom door and got ready.