Male Assistants

****david in m****

Jazz POV-

"You're David?"

I surveyed my prospective employee DJ had picked out. He was dressed professionally in a suit and he weirdly resembled August.

Although I had only seen August's siblings through pictures, he looked more like him than they did to me.

"Yeah." He stood up and extended his hand to shake mine.

"Jazmine. Nice to meet you." I shook his hand.

"Follow me." I pointed to my office.

He followed closely behind me.

"You can have a seat right there." I pointed to the chair across from my desk.

We both sat down.

"You're friends with DJ?" I asked curious as to how he knew DJ.

"Nah. His brother."

"Oh Derrick." Derrick was DJ's younger brother who lived in D.C. He went to Howard and just stayed there after graduation.

"Yeah we went to Howard together."

"Oh cool. You from DC?"

"You can say that. Moved from New Orleans when I was a baby, so that don't count." He slightly chuckled.

"And you're about 23?"

"24."

"Okay. Is being a publicist something you want to do?"

"Umm, I don't yet. I just need some work honestly and I was getting sick of the monotony of DC. So when DJ said he was looking for someone to take his place, I thought it was the perfect opportunity."

"I see. You're still young. You'll figure it out. On top of that you majored in advertising so that experience will help."

I looked over his resume. He seemed a bit nervous.

"You don't have to be nervous David. You got it. I'm just going through preliminary questions."

"Good." He let out a sigh of relief and chuckled. He even laughed like August which I found interesting.

"Any family or friends down here?" Trying to see if he was related to August.

"No. Don't have much family really. It was just me and my mom. But she died while I was in college. Then my dad died when I was younger. During Katrina days I think. I never met him. So I don't know if he had any other kids or not."

"Aww I'm sorry to hear that." It was sad to hear he had nobody.

"Thank you." He looked down and back up.

"Well as my assistant you will basically do clerical things. And Accompany me interviews. Media events. Tour when we're invited. Etc. okay?"

"Sounds good to me."

"Alright. Well be here tomorrow at nine. Here's a card with my work and cell number in case of an emergency." I handed him a business card with my info.

"And if you need anything else personally you can call, seeing as you don't know anybody out here. I don't want you completely stranded."

"I appreciate it." He stood up.

We shook hands and he left.

--------

"Augusttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I screamed to the top of my lungs. After work I went over his house and wanted to take a shower to get rid of the elements of the day.