Brand New

Jazz POV -

"August maybe we should have rented a car." I looked as we descended down a neighborhood that did not look like we should be driving his Range in.

"Why would I rent a car?" He looked at me like I was stupid.

"I don't know. You just can't ride everywhere with this type of car."

"You think they gon run up on the car?"

Every block we rode down had a bunch of dudes were standing out on the corner. And as we rode pass they would stop what the were doing and stare. I guess trying to figure out who was behind the tinted windows. But one of them could very well be thinking of car jacking us. I read the newspaper every morning. I know what goes on in the hood.

"What's this area called?"

"Downtown why?"

I made an audible gulp. 😰

"Are you seriously scared right now?"

"didn't you say people die everyday in downtown? I want to live August."

I was sorta joking. Not really tho. I'm not tweaking he did say that in the song tho right?

Being funny he turned on Downtown.

"This is not funny August." I looked over at him, he was singing the words to the song.

People dying every day, that ain't nothing new
When you from downtown, downtown!
Out here tryna make a way
I won't let these niggas take me down-down, down!

I turned it off.

"Where are we going?"

"Buy some rocks."

"August I'm not playing."

We pulled up to a house that wasn't bad looking per se. But it was next to a weed filled vacant lot. And two pit bulls ran to the gate barking as we rode in the driveway.

August turned off the car.

"Jazz calm down. I'm not gon let nothing happen to you."

He reached over and opened his glove compartment.

He put a gun on my lap.

"August we rode from Georgia with this!?" I hurried up and removed it from my lap like it was a hot potato.

"Take me back to your mothers house now."

"You are always doing the most. I got a fucking gun license. Chill." He threw his gun license on my lap.

I let out a sigh of relief. 😏

"I guess I know if I get in some shit you won't be ride or die." He took the gun and put it back in his glove compartment.

You right honey. I'm not ride or die. I'm not going to jail for nobody.
I made for freedom not a cell. FOH. That ride or die chick is overrated.

"I'll be back." He got out and locked me in the car from the outside. The way his alarm is set up any little movement would sound off his alarm. So I couldn't touch the doors or it would go off.

Asshole.

I FaceTimed Dj.

"Bestfrannnnn !" He screamed on the other line.

I held up my phone so he could see the house August went into.

"Is that the Bando Migos talk about?" I asked him.