Epilogue- Meet And Greets

A year later.

Jazmine POV-

The past year has been thee most incredible ride I have ever been on. Performing with Trey around the world. Actually getting interviewed, rather than preparing a client for interviews. Photoshoots. Glam Squads.

Yes DJ keeping a girl fly with all the latest fashion. And recording and releasing my first EP- Masterpiece, inspired my song I wrote while in Ghana.

I dedicated my EP to Nana Efya who died earlier this year. I went with Trey and his family to attend the funeral in Ghana. While it was a sad occasion, I was so blessed to have met her while she was on this earth. Her love, support and influence, shifted the direction of my entire life.

Without her part in my journey, I would still be an unhappy Publicist with only broken dreams of being a star.

But Because of her, I wasn't a Publicist to the stars, the sister of a star, or a girlfriend of a star, I was one. And for that I thank God for her everyday.

Trey has continued to be a God send in my life as well. He signed me as the first artist to his SX label. And anything I needed he has got. He's also like my mentor/manger in the game.

He has promoted me as much as his SX Liquor brand. Every interview he drops my name. He brings my single for them to play, instead of his. He even took me as his date to the Grammys, not because we're dating, but to promote me. And because of that a huge buzz has surrounded me. Places I didn't know I had fans, I have them because he gave me his co-sign.

Since he is based in LA, yes I know he's from Virginia, he lives out there. He asked me to move out there so we could work on my EP and album.

I did. I packed up my stuff and left Atlanta, and I've been out in LA for a year now.

Because my sister lives out there it has brought us back closer and she uses her status to promote me as well. She knows I hate the industry thing, but she makes me go to parties and things that might benefit my career so I can network.

My parents have been supportive too. They surprised me at a show I had in Zurich, Switzerland while on tour with Trey. I couldn't believe they came all that way. And I had an honest convo with then about how I felt, and they never knew I felt that way so it felt good to get it all out and to hear them apologize for the hurt they caused.

Desiree and Candace even surprised me at a show I had in New York. They were there for a dancing event and it was just exciting to see them. They told me as soon as I needed dancers to hit them up, they would be there. (Dancers dance with multiple artist so no Alsina nation I'm not trying to still your favs dancers.)

On their off days, they have even been working with me teaching me moves to make my live show pop. Trust me y'all, it's been a struggle I am no dancer. But they have been so supportive and they have been working me like a Hebrew slave, so I will get there.

How has alsina nation and the media between towards me? It's a mix.

Some folks tweet nasty things like

"You wouldn't be shit if it weren't for Aug."

"You're a dumbass for leaving. Nobody else is going to want your ass."

In interviews when they ask me about the breakup. I simply say we needed time apart to grow and be our own people. I never bash him or speak negatively because I don't have any negative feelings towards him. I have forgiven him. I did that at the ice cream shop in Phoenix.

But still people find negative shit to say.

"Stop talking about August. Using him to prolong your 15 minutes of fame."