Chapter 12

The closer Draco and I got, the more worried I was about my blood status. We weren't together, as far as I knew, but I had a feeling we'd be far from it if he found out I was a squib.

His family wouldn't like it, I knew that for sure.

With the Yule Ball coming up along with Christmas, I was feeling the pressure. I didn't know whether I should get Draco a present or not, so I decided to go to Daphne or Pansy for help like I usually did.

I found Daphne on my way to Charms one Thursday, and ran to catch up with her.

"Hey, Daph," I greeted, "You know Christmas is coming up. I don't know whether I should get something for Dr-"

"Of course you should!" She said, way too quickly.

"But, he's not my boyf-"

Daphne burst out in laughter, "He might not be yet, but he wants you and you want him. So shut up."

"Now that's established, what do I get him?" I asked.

Daphne smiled and told me she'd help out at Hogsmeade this weekend. Christmas was next Sunday, so hopefully it wouldn't be too busy. I had already gotten her and Pansy presents.

Charms went by fast and before I knew it, I was seated in the common room with Draco.

I was hoping he'd ask me to the Yule Ball, but he hadn't yet if he were planning on it. I decided to give him until Wednesday the next week, or else I'd find another 'date'.

I was pretty sure Daphne was going with some Hufflepuff guy, and god knows what Pansy was doing.

I yawned - the lack of chat between Draco and I was making me bored.

"I'm sorry, I completely spaced out," Draco said honestly, "What do you wanna talk about?"

"I don't know," I admitted.

"Blaise tried speaking to me in one of my classes today."

My eyes widened as I looked at Draco. So he could forgive him, but not me?

"No, it wasn't nice," he laughed, "I bet you were thinking that, anyways. Nah, he tried saying how he hopes all fails if we're together and that he hopes I suffer."

My face fell.

"Is he freaking serious?" I yelled, "You coward, Blaise! If you're listening to this, I hope you know that you never truly had feelings for me if you can say stuff like that about my future."

"So I'm your future, huh?"

I looked up from where I was sat and saw Draco advancing closer to me, placing a leg either side of my thighs. I gasped as he leaned in really close and pressed his lips against my jaw.

"I sure hope I'm in your future," he whispered as he planted a kiss on my lips - something he hadn't done properly since we stopped acting like a fake couple and just became normal.

People hadn't really noticed since we didn't act much different, he'd still take my hand possessively every so often. I just thought he would've asked me to be his girlfriend since he admitted he liked me, unless he doesn't want to be in a relationship at all.

"You will be," I almost growled as I forced his lips back onto mine.

Draco chuckled and plonked on the sofa next to me, slinging an arm around me. I took this as an opportunity to lean my head into his shoulder.

"I think I lo-" He started.

"Mind keeping the PDA to a low?"

I glared at Blaise as he walked straight through the common room and tried to leave.

Draco shot up and grabbed his arm.

"Curfew's in five. Where do you think you're going?" He snapped.

"The Owlery, to send a letter to my girlfriend," Blaise snarled back.

"As if," Draco said. "You have an owl, send that. You can't leave."

"Why?"

"I'm a prefect. I'll report you to Professor Snape," Draco replied calmly.

Blaise stormed up the stairs and we heard his door slam, which echoed across all of the Slytherin common room and dorms.

"Goodnight," I whispered, kissing Draco again.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Draco said, and winked as he walked away.

My heart had probably never raced as much as that night.