Chapter 8

"Daphne," I whispered on one Saturday morning that Pansy was nowhere to be seen.

"Yeah?" Daphne said, looking up from her Potions textbook.

"What does it mean when you have, um, this weird butterfly feeling? I know that sounds so ridiculous but-"

Daphne cut me off with loud laughter that echoed the room. I stared at her in confusion, and she continued laughing even when her textbook fell to the floor with an even louder crash.

"That's love, Evelyn. You're with Draco, right? So I'm assuming that's the feeling you get with him," Daphne told me with a smile.

I nodded, although I felt guilty that Daphne didn't know the truth about Draco. We had a blossoming friendship.

"It's just so weird," I said, "Have you ever felt it?"

Daphne's cheek turned a shade of pink, and I giggled at her. She mumbled a name of someone I didn't recognise, so I just nodded and told her that they'd be adorable together.

Daphne went on about her crush for ages, until Pansy walked in anyway.

"What were you two gossiping about?" She asked as she placed a book on her bed.

"Not much," I replied, smiling at her warmly. She dismissed it, and Daphne gave me a thankful look - suggesting that Pansy was unaware of Daphne's crush.

"So, how's Draco?" Pansy asked.

"Well, he's great, hopefully I'll see him at breakfast-"

"That's not what she meant," Daphne intersected with a sly smile, "She means in bed!"

"What?" I said, panic in my voice, "Of course, of course we haven't-"

Meanwhile in the Boy's Dorms

Draco's POV

"So, what's she like in bed?" Crabbe asked, a little bit of drool apparent on his bulging chin.

"Well, what do you expect? She's fucking amazing. Better than Pansy, or any of those other sluts," I said. I knew I was lying and I knew that I was wrong to do so, especially when it came to Evelyn.

I actually cared?

"That's great, man, but for her sake you shouldn't share that around," Blaise growled.

"What? It's only these imbeciles, they'll forget by the morning," I said.

Blaise sighed, "That's enough time for them to tell the whole school."

I could feel Crabbe and Goyle's anger rising by second. I shook my head at them as Blaise began to leave, signalling that they should just leave it.

"He likes her," I told them, "So he's just jealous that I got his dream girl, especially since I laid her."

Goyle's eyes filled with doubt, "But you're so gushy and lovey-dovey with her."

"So? She's different. That doesn't mean I can't get into her pants. I fucked her because I lo-"

"What? What was that, Draco?" Crabbe instantly cut in.

"I love her, alright?" I said, making my cheeks go bright red. I could feel the blood rising to my face, and I looked at the floor.

It wasn't like I actually did, right? I'd only ever told my mother I loved her, and that was when I was too young to know what love really was. I was just embarrassed because I never said that about Pansy or anyone I'd ever claimed to have had sex with - which was actually no one.

"You love her?" Goyle repeated, a sneer apparent on his chubby face.

"Yes, now back off!" I said, pushing him away from me. I stormed up to my dorm.

And as I laid on my bed, still as I'd ever been, I wondered:

Was I falling for Evelyn?