Chapter 7

Draco's eyes snapped up to me.

"What?" He asked, shocked.

"It wasn't Blaise," I repeated.

"Then who the hell was it?"

My eyes snapped up to Draco's. Why was he the one getting so pissed off about this?

"I mean - you're obviously pretty desperate to find out, right?" Draco said quickly. "I'll see you later. I, um... You better get some sleep."

I nodded, telling Draco a quick goodnight. We didn't share a kiss again, as we didn't have an audience. The other boys in Draco's dorm were fast asleep, I assumed. We were in the corridor, anyway.

I swiftly made my way to my dorm shared with Daphne Greengrass and Pansy Parkinson, and climbed into bed. I fell asleep as if someone had turned the lights out.

The Next Day

"Blaise, I'm-"

Blaise got up from the breakfast table, piling his remaining toast in his mouth and started to walk away.

"You know what, Blaise?" I'd finally snapped. "You're a freaking coward! Ashamed that I like someone else? Scared that you can't move on?"

He turned to look at me, and gave me pleading eyes. I sighed but I wasn't ready to stop, so I said,

"I'm fed up of this. Why can't you get over me? We were such good friends, Blaise. You were my only friend."

Blaise groaned and just walked off, just like that. I growled and started to go after him, but someone grabbed my wrist.

Draco, again. I felt his fingers intertwine with mine, and I smiled again. I felt that familiar feeling I got in my stomach when Draco touched me - I passed it off as the nerves of being intimate in front of people. It was a constant fear of mine that people would see through our façade.

"When are we going to stop this?" I whispered in Draco's ear.

"That time was real," he replied. "I'm simply worried for you. As you said, Blaise is your only friend. I don't want to split you apart from that..."

"I don't love him," I laughed. "I can do without. Daphne and I are pretty close, I'd suppose. Millicent's alright, I think Pansy's started to dislike me a little since we've been together, but she's a friend, too."

"That skank? Pansy's always all over me. Of course she's not going to want to be buddy-buddy with you. Maybe if you tell her you'll share," Draco chuckled.

I slapped his arm, "You perverted git!"

Draco laughed, and muttered a comment about me not being willing to share, which I ignored.

"How am I meant to find out, Draco?" I whispered, squeezing his lanky hand.

"Maybe you aren't," he said back, quietly.

I drowned at him, and quite literally facepalmed.

"Maybe you're right. I've been so hooked on this, but does it really matter?" I laughed, slapping myself gently, "I'm such an idiot."

"No, I think you deserve to know who your first kiss was. But, maybe fate had decided that you shouldn't. Maybe you should consider me as your first kiss~" Draco said, pushing my chin up with his slender fingers as he smirked.

"I think not!" I exclaimed as I rose from the dinner table and started walking back to the common room.

"I don't get why he likes you," Pansy mumbled, appearing next to me.

"Pansy, I'm s-"

"If Draco wants you over me, there's nothing I can do," she said sadly, "So, please look after him, at least."

I nodded in gratitude. I suddenly felt awful that I was taking away someone so special to her for the sake of knowing who had kissed me that night.

So, I decided to stop my search and just continue on with my studies like I should.

I also decided to work out why I felt like butterflies were attacking my stomach every second I laid eyes on Draco, came into contact with his skin or even just knowing he's nearby.