Chapter 21

I stared into his eyes, which were lacking emotion. He glanced at me coldly, before saying,

"I want to help you. I don't want to be your friend, but I can't help but feeling like crap when I see two people in love being split apart like this."

My eyes widened in shock, "But... I don't get it. You're supposed to hate me."

"I don't," he said, "Nor will I ever. Everyone needs to be forgiven, but it will never go back to how it was."

I suddenly felt bad for him.

Blaise wanted to help me despite everything I'd done.

"All because y-" I stopped myself, "So, what can we do?"

"Ebony is the gate of access to Draco," Blaise told me coolly.

"Yeah, I've figured," I hissed.

Blaise chuckled, "So, I'm going to start speaking to her. See if I can get her to move onto me instead."

"You'd do that?"

Then I saw it in Blaise's eyes and I knew it.

"You like her!" I whisper-yelled.

"Shut up!" He snapped instantly, "I'm helping us both out."

"So you did have a reason for this," I smirked.

"That's besides the point," he retaliated, "We need to get to her. When she's with me, you should send Draco an anonymous letter asking him to meet you and he'll likely assume it's Ebony. Then you need to prove who you are."

"And who is that?" I asked with curiosity.

"The girl he truly loves," Blaise answered. "The one girl who can drive him mad."

"I hope I do," I muttered.

"Trust me, you do."

"Alright," I agreed, still not sure I actually had that affect on Draco.

Later That Night

I watched as Blaise approached Ebony with a courageously flirty smile, then he began speaking, flashing white teeth at every opportunity he could.

He really liked her.

I studied them. Ebony was clearly wary of him, despite the fact that she was completely aware that Blaise and I weren't friends, let alone talking as far as she knew.

So, this would probably take a good week. I was okay with that - I still hadn't completely recovered from Draco's reaction. I had never felt more a failure than I did after that incident.

I found his face in the crowd of Slytherins that were in the common room for no reason, and he was expressionless. He quickly glanced at Blaise and Ebony, and then away again. I was relieved that he didn't have a notable change in his face that showed how he felt about them speaking.

Ebony appeared untrusting and mean. I wasn't sure how Blaise's little mission would go.

All I knew was that I was determined to stop her from getting any closer to Draco.