Chapter 3

Another Two Years Later

It was time for my fifth year at Hogwarts. I had grown apart from most of my friends - I barely spoke to Draco and Luna had found better friends - she was now with Ginny and the "Golden Trio". I smiled as I entered the Great Hall, taking a seat next to Blaise. He was pretty much the only person I was close to now.

"Hey, Eve," he whispered. "Draco's in a really bad mood, so don't upset him."

"Perhaps it's the fact that we have a new Defense Against The Dark Arts teacher?" I mumbled back teasingly.

Draco looked up and scowled at Blaise, "I'm not in a bad mood."

He gave me a small smile and greeted me. I replied as Blaise's jaw dropped.

"You were so mean to me," he said, feigning hurt. "Oh well! I don't need you guys-"

Dumbledore cut him off with his intense opening speech and whatever else he had to say. I zoned out.

As soon as food came to the table, I jumped back to life. I took a fair serving of beef pie, three pieces of chicken, a pile of mash and veg and topped it off with gravy.

"Someone's hungry," Draco commented with a sly smile. He had nearly the same amount as me, the cheeky git.

I frowned at him but ignored it. It didn't really bother me.

I continued my food. The rest of the meal was uneventful - Pansy came over for a little bit, telling Draco that she still wants more from him. Unsurprisingly, she was rejected, and went to sit next to Millicent Bulstrode.

"Poor Pansy," Blaise started, but he was cut off by Draco.

He'd finally snapped, "I told her two years ago that I didn't want her like that! She's had plenty of time to get over me and if you feel so sorry for her, why don't you get her to fall in love with you like you do every other girl?!"

Draco's eyes trailed to me at Blaise's side before leaving abruptly.

"I better go-"

"No, Blaise, I'll go," I said. "He was implying that I have some sort of romantic feelings for you."

"Wait, Eve..." Blaise grabbed my hand and looked down at the floor, then back at me.

"You don't have any... Any sort of romantic feelings for me?" He asked, looking a little out of it.

"Oh, Blaise..." I whispered. "I'm so sorry. I really don't."

Blaise smiled sadly and nodded his head in the direction that Draco had left.

"Go," he said.

I traced Draco's steps, and I figured he would go to the Black Lake. I walked quickly, hoping that he wasn't going too mad.

"Draco?" I called softly, seeing a figure at the edge of the lake.

He turned, but I couldn't tell if it was Draco since it was starting to get dark.

The person pulled up a cloak over their face and approached me.

"Draco, is that necessary-"

Their lips crashed to mine. I didn't really enjoy it, or hate it. With that, they sprinted off and rushed back into the school.

I looked at the Black Lake in confusion. Who was that?