On Edge

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

Like normal I was taking ages to get ready. This time I could blame Nate though. Every single article of clothing I showed him he would grimace and put it back in my closet for me. It got to the point where I just sat on my bed and watched as he rummaged through my drawers and my closet to find me an outfit. He was worse than my dad, and that was saying something. We only had fifteen minutes left to get ready, and here I was struggling to find an "appropriate" outfit to wear.

"Hurry up, Nate," I whined.

He scoffed. "I'm hurrying as fast as I can, babe."

I sighed and buried my face into my pillow. Ethan was definitely going to kill us for being late, and I definitely didn't feel like dealing with him, especially after last night's ordeal. I was still a bit shocked that he would be stupid enough to do something like that. I mean, if Nate hadn't tackled him then I probably would have stabbed him with a big knife and I never would have forgiven myself for it.

After about three more minutes of Nate rummaging through my wardrobe, a couple hard fabrics hit me directly in the face. I squealed and sat up so that I was looking at Nathan. He had a rather smug expression on his face, as well as a pair of my black combat boots in his hands. I frowned and stood up.

"Get dressed. I'll be downstairs," he told me. He winked at me and sat my boots down before heading out of my room. I just shook my head at him. That boy was something else, but I couldn't ask for anyone better than him.

I quickly changed into the clothes he had thrown at me. He managed to pick out a cute outfit too, so I would probably go to him when I was feeling too lazy to pick out an appropriate outfit. In about five minutes I was dressed in a pair of light wash, high-waisted shorts, an aztec printed crop top, and, of course, my black combat boots.

Once I felt that I looked okay, I grabbed my purse and headed out of my room. Nate was downstairs sitting in the living room with my mom and Adalyn. The twins were nowhere to be found though. There was no telling what those little scrapheaps were up to, and I really didn't want to know.

"Are you ready to go, Nate?" I asked as I stepped into the living room. The three of them looked over at me.

"Yes." He got up and walked over to me, grabbing my hand to pull me out of the house. I was just about to say goodbye to my mom when she cut me off.

"Kay, your dad's coming home today. Did he tell you that?" she asked me.

"Yes, I believe he did. I told him about going with Ethan, Jessica, and Nate today, and he said that he would probably be home before I got back home," I informed her with a smile. I really couldn't wait to see my dad. It's only been a few days since he left, but I missed him so much. I missed having someone to argue with everyday.

She nodded. "Do you have everything you need?"

I snickered in response. "Yes, mom. Don't worry. We'll be back later!" Nate laughed and began pulling me towards the door again.

"Okay! Please be safe!" she yelled. I wasn't given the chance to answer before the front door slammed shut behind me.

"You don't have to be so rough," I giggled as Nate pulled me towards Ethan's car.

"Sorry. I just don't feel like listening to Ethan yell," he grumbled.

"I have a feeling it won't make a difference," I said as he pulled the car door open. I was absolutely right too.

"It's about damn time! We've been out here waiting for eight minutes and thirteen seconds," Ethan's loud voice sounded.

I rolled my eyes and put on my seat belt. "Hi, Ethan."

He sighed and pulled out of my driveway. "Hello, Kaelyn. Hello, Nathan."

"Please excuse him. He's been a bit on edge today," Jessica snickered.

"Why?" I laughed.

"A bird ran into the windshield on the way over here and it freaked him out. I've never heard him scream so loudly," she mused. I couldn't help but laugh and apparently neither could Nate. Ethan, on the other hand, was just annoyed by all of us.

"It just surprised me is all," he grumbled. I laughed even harder. I could already tell that today was going to be a good day, and the fact that I got to spend it with three of the greatest human beings made it even better.