Long Nights

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

Having dinner with Nathan and his parents was possibly one of the nicest things I've done in a while, besides having a day out with Nathan, of course. His parents were two of the sweetest people in the world, or at least in front of me they were. I still remembered Nate telling me that his dad could be quite the jerk sometimes, but the entire time I was here he was nothing but sweet, especially to me. Natalie and Trent were also two of the greatest cooks in the world, besides my mother. The chicken and shrimp alfredo they made for me was nothing short of fantastic, and to let them know how sincere I was being I ate three bowls of it. They made quite a lot, and I made sure to take advantage of it.

We spent about an hour and a half at the dining table just eating, talking and laughing. In that short amount of time I learned a lot about Nathan that he failed to tell me before. Some stuff was a bit embarrassing--or at least to him it was--while most everything else was just normal stuff, like school accomplishments, sports accomplishments, and various other things about him that I just found incredibly interesting. I didn't think it was possible for a human to be that perfect, but with Nathan it was definitely possible.

I also learned a lot about Nathan's parents as well. It wasn't really that much, but it was better than nothing. Natalie, Nate's mom, was a professional makeup artist outside of being a doctor. I honestly didn't know how she managed to do both, but I thought it was truly amazing, and it also explained why her makeup looked so flawless, so effortless. Trent was a racecar driver and he also owns a car shop in downtown Washington. The two of them have also been married since 2010, and moved to England in 2011 until Natalie got pregnant with Nathan. They moved back to Tacoma, Washington--Trent's hometown--and then moved here to Washington DC, obviously. All in all they were a really nice family, and it was so good to be with others besides my family. I've said that before, but I couldn't help but say it again; it was such a good feeling.

Nathan and I were now on our way back to my house. I was a bit upset that I had to leave such a group of amazing people, but I knew my dad would be calling for me to come home soon enough. I'd much rather save myself the embarrassment and just head on home while I could.

"I had a really good time with you and your parents tonight. They're so nice," I told him as he pulled into my driveway.

He parked behind my dad and turned in his seat to look at me. "I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. They really love you," he laughed.

I smiled at him. "I'm glad. Now it's your turn to meet mine."

"And when might that happen?"

"Well, I'd say Saturday, but I'm going to stay with a friend. Maybe Sunday if you're free?" I suggested.

He pursed his lips and nodded. "I'm good with that. I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Of course. Have a nice rest of your night," I told him as I opened the door to get out.

"Goodnight, beautiful."

I just smiled at him, too flustered to think of a proper response. I shut the door to his truck and hurried through the front door of my house. Like I figured, my parents were still up, but then again it was only about nine o'clock at night. The two of them stayed up later than I did most nights, and I honestly didn't understand how.

"So, how was it?" my mom asked as I walked into the living room. Carly, Sam, and Ethan were gone, but that was also to be expected.

"It was good. His family is really nice," I told her with a smile.

"That's good."

"Yeah," I started as I sat down on the couch beside my dad. "So, I was wondering if you two would be okay with meeting him on Sunday over dinner?"

My mom's eyes lit up, and all my dad really did was grunt.

"Yes, of course! We'd love to meet him," my mom chimed.

"We?" my dad countered.

Mom gave him a look. "Shut up, Ironhide. You know you want to meet your future son-in-law."

I rolled my eyes. "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't like him like that?"

"Sweetie, you can tell me as many times as you want, but it still won't keep me from thinking you're a shit-faced liar," she remarked.

"Are you even a mom?" I exclaimed with a chuckle.

She shrugged. "I mean, I never planned on being a mom considering the love of my life is a completely different species than I am, but shit happens sometimes."

Both me and my dad had to laugh. She was the craziest person I knew.

"Anyway, we'd love to meet him. But would you like to watch a movie with us? We don't get to hang out with you much anymore," my mom pouted.

I sighed. "Sure thing. Just let me go get changed," I told her before running up the stairs to my room.

I sat my bag down beside my bed and laid my phone on the bedside table before heading over to find something to wear. In minutes I was wearing my night clothes, which consisted of a plain black v-neck shirt and some sweatpants. As best as I could with this retched cast on my arm, I threw my hair up into a messy bun and headed back down the stairs.

My mom was sprawled across the love seat, while my dad was sitting alone on the couch. I was actually quite surprised they weren't sitting together like they normally do.

"Why aren't you two sitting together?" I asked as I sat back down beside my dad.

"She claims the couch is too comfortable to share, so I sat over here," my dad informed me.

"I'm not even lying. Like, I might even sleep here tonight," she retorted.

I just shook my head and propped my feet up onto the coffee table. This was going to be one long night.