With All My Heart

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

I never knew that two months could fly by so fast, and I never knew that it could take only two months to turn hardcore depression into complete and utter happiness. The way I was feeling now by far extended that of what I was feeling a mere eight weeks ago. I couldn't exactly say I didn't mind it though. In all honesty, I would much rather be painstakingly happy than sit around all day drowning in my sorrows. 

The pain I went through from losing Ethan was a pain I that I never wanted to go through again, so I was just happy that it was gone. There was still some there, and there always would be, but compared to how it was several weeks ago it might as well be completely gone. I had my amazing family and my amazing boyfriend to thank for that though. They've been there for me throughout all of this and I couldn't thank them enough for what they've done for me to help me get through this, especially Nathan. In the hospital he told me that he would never leave me and he didn't. Even when I refused to speak to him he was still there, and when I stayed up half the night crying over Ethan he was still there just as he promised me he would be. 

Never in my life have I ever met someone like that boy. He was everything to me and more, and I couldn't thank Primus enough for putting him in my life. I never knew there was someone out there in the world worth sacrificing everything for, but then I met Nate. We've had a pretty rocky relationship though, due to the fact that his father and my mother had a very complicated past with one another, but we managed to get through it. We've managed to get through absolutely everything life has thrown at us and I couldn't be happier. Call me cliche, but I truly did believe that Nathan was the one for me. I might have been just seventeen years old, but I didn't care. I've just never felt this strongly about anyone before. Nate got me like no one else did and he truly did care for me; the past two months were sole proof of that. There aren't very many guys out there nowadays who would nearly murder their dads for simply laying a hand on their girlfriends, nor are there many guys out there who would completely sacrifice everything just to be with you. Nate was truly one of the most amazing people i have ever met in my seventeen years of life and nobody understood just how insanely happy and lucky I was to have him. I was madly in love with that boy and nothing and no one could ever change that, not even Nate himself. 

At the moment I was sitting against the trunk of the giant oak tree in my backyard. So far my summer was rather boring, so I decided to do something semi-productive which involved balloons, a heavy duty slingshot, and a few dozen popcorn kernels. I got the idea from a television show called Zoey 101 that played on Nickelodeon in like 2005 or 2006. Anyway, the girl in the show spent all of her money on some bookbag she ruined and was so upset she sat in her dorm room shooting popcorn kernels at balloons on the other side of the room. The moment I watched that scene I got up and grabbed every last pack of balloons from my mom's "party drawer", a few bags of unpopped popcorn, and a weird military slingshot from the gun shed. I set it all up about two hours ago and I've been out here ever since. It was a lot funner than it looked, I'll tell you that. 

Just as I shot down two more balloons, the back door to the house opened. Nate must have been home from school. He had two days left until he was out for the summer, whereas I was already out and I have been for the past three months. Even after I completely healed from Ethan's loss I never went back to school. School was lame and I didn't need that kind of thing in my life. Thankfully my parents never forced me to go back either. Nathan was rather upset about it though. He whined about how I left him alone to deal with the ignorant people by himself, but he was more than wrong. He had Jessica there with him, so he would be alright. 

"Hey, cutie," he greeted as I shot another balloon. 

I smiled in triumph and turned to look at him. "Hi, Nate."

He walked over and sat down beside me, removing the slingshot from my hands as he did so and I let him. He grabbed a decent sized popcorn kernel and placed it into the holster. In seconds the kernel was flying towards the many colorful balloons pinned to the coreflute. It hit a big blue one and Nate did a little victory cry before handing the slingshot back to me. I just laughed and sat it down beside me. Now that Nate was here I didn't need anything but him to keep me occupied. 

"How was your day?" I asked him with a smile. 

He gave me a look and scratched the back of his head. "Excruciatingly long."

I raised a brow. "And why is that?"

"Because I've been thinking about something all day. Like, I really need to talk to you about something," he muttered. He seemed a bit nervous, and I haven't seen him this nervous since he told me he liked me. 

"Okay, talk," I encouraged him. 

He let out a huff and ran a hand through his blonde hair. "Gosh, I don't know whether I should just say it or give you like some long spee-"

I cut him off. "Spit it out, nimrod."

He took a deep breath before looking me directly in my eyes. This must have been something real serious for him to be this nervous about. 

"Okay, okay. I love you, Kay, like a lot," he blurted. 

I blinked in surprise. I never thought that he was going to be the first one to say it. In actuality I was going to tell him today, but now I guess I didn't have to. He didn't understand just how happy that made me though, and I was probably basking in that happiness a little too long because Nate spoke up again. 

"Feel free to say something before I throw up," he said, a small smile on his face. I couldn't help but giggle as I remembered him saying the exact words the day he told me he liked me. He was too cute for words. 

"I love you, Nate."

He seemed surprised that I said it back. "You do?"

I scoffed. "Duh. I thought it was obvious, but it seems that you're just incredibly clueless," I teased him. 

He playfully rolled his eyes at me. I smiled and leaned up to kiss him on the lips. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him as close as I possibly could. He wrapped his arms around my waist and deepened the kiss. Right here was where I wanted to be and right here was where I wanted to stay. His arms were my safe haven and my greatest comfort. I loved this boy right here more than I could even put into words and I highly doubted that was going to change any time soon. He was my other half, my significant other, and I knew he felt the same way about me. He was perfect in every single way possible and I couldn't ask for someone better to love. 

I pulled away from him and leaned my forehead against his. He smiled that beautiful smile of his and kissed me one last time. 

"I love you with all my heart, Kaelyn. Please don't you ever forget that. There is no one I will ever love more than I love you," he said to me. 

I smiled wider if that was even remotely possible. 

"I love you so much, Nate."

He was about to respond when a loud, baritone voice rang through the air. 

"Whatever you two are doing out there I suggest you stop. Come inside and have some crackers or something. That way I can keep an eye on you sneaky little bastards," my dad exclaimed from the back door. 

I covered my mouth to keep from bursting out laughing and stood up. I held a hand out to a very amused Nate and he took it. 

"We really have to?" he chuckled. 

"If we don't then he will come get us himself. I'd rather save the both of us from embarrassment," I snorted. 

He just shook his head and stood up. He intertwined our fingers and began walking towards the house. It was amazing that even after almost five months he still gave me butterflies. It made me really happy, and just Nathan himself made me happy. I just couldn't wait to see what the future held for the two of us, including me. As long as my future included Nate I believed that I would be more than happy. He was all that needed and more and nothing and no one could ever take that away from me.