Out On the Town

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

Washington D.C. was busy like it normally was this time of day. Hundreds of different people bustled through the streets attempting to get their errands taken care of before the day came to an end. It was almost comical to watch.

Today had been a rather fantastic day for me, and it wasn't even over yet which made me happier. Nate and I enjoyed a nice lunch at Olive Garden, and he even paid like he said he would, no matter how many times I protested against it. I was just so used to my parents giving me money all the time so I could pay for myself, so this was different. I'd be lying if I said it wasn't nice though. I loved the fact that he was that nice.

Hanging out with someone else besides my family was a big relief though. I loved my family, and I loved hanging out with them, but it was just a nice feeling to be with someone else other than them. The fact that it was Nate just made me love it even more.

The two of us were currently sitting in front of some random chain store. It started raining earlier and it still had yet to stop, so we decided to just hop in the truck and have a nice little chat. Surprisingly enough, the two of us were too busy eating at Olive Garden to talk about each other's lives or some other shit like that, but oh well. It was happening now, so I guess that's what really mattered.

"So, tell me what your family's like?" Nate spoke up.

I looked up from my ice cream cone to see him looking at me.

"Um, my family is really big." Biologically my family was really small, but I counted the Autobots and my mom's close friends as family, and it's been that way since I was born. It wouldn't change anytime soon either.

"Lucky. Mine's really small. My parents are only children and I'm an only child. It's pretty pathetic," he chuckled.

"It's actually not. Biologically my family is really small. I'm an only child, my dad's and only child I'm pretty sure, and my mom's sister died when she was young, so yeah," I replied.

"It's sad to hear about your aunt, but when am I going to meet the people who created such a beautiful being?" he smiled, and I found myself blushing. What was he doing to me?

"Um, soon."

"So, tell me about yourself. I'm quite upset that we've known each other for over a week, yet we know nothing about each other," he chuckled.

"There's not much to tell. I'm seventeen, a junior in high school, and I like trucks, fighting, and big guns," I told him.

He looked at me as if I had just told him someone in his family had died. "Really? I didn't think you'd be the kind of girl to like that kind of stuff."

"Well, my dad and my grandpa are in the military. Plus, my mom is basically a gun freak and she's a trained fighter. I guess it's inevitable," I giggled.

"Where have you been all my life?" he mused, sending me a smile.

I couldn't help but smile back at him. "I've been around. Now tell me about you, hotshot."

"Well, cutie...I'm a sixteen year old junior in high school. I enjoy big trucks or any kind of automobile really. I love going to the shooting range, I take martial arts, I play the guitar, and I was the number one ranked high school quarterback back in Washington state," he told me.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed.

"Seems as if we have quite a lot in common. Aside from the football and playing the guitar, of course," I responded.