Base & Breaks

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

My entire body was wracked with exhaustion. Each and every single one of my limbs were aching with a great intensity. It has been so long since I've felt this way, and I wanted nothing more than for all of the aching to completely dissipate. If this is what it felt like to stop fighting and then start again after three months then I probably would have never stopped in the first place. This feeling was pure torture. I couldn't let Ethan know that though; he'd use it against me and I'd probably wind up dying in the middle of the floor.

"Wow. You're a bit rusty, Kay," Ethan laughed as he blocked my kick with his arm. The two of us were currently at the Autobot base in the training room. Had it not been for Ethan's incessant ways I probably wouldn't even be here right now. I've been extra lazy nowadays, which is part of the reason I haven't been fighting in the past three months.

I growled in response to his words and kicked my leg at him again. My leg came in contact with his hip, and he grunted in pain before falling to the floor.

"Excuse me. I haven't exactly been down here in three slagging months. Give me a break, hotshot," I retorted as I took his hand and pulled him up from the ground.

"I take that back," he huffed.

He walked away from me and over to his bag. He took out two bottles of water and tossed me one. I caught it and wasted no time at all in chugging down the clear contents. We spent almost an hour fighting today, and this was the first time I've had something to drink since. I downed mine in seconds, and even thought about stealing Ethan's from him, but that would have been rather rude of me.

Ethan looked over at me once he was finished with his water and made a disgusted face as he looked me up and down. I rolled my eyes. This bitch. . .

"You're so sweaty. It's disgusting," he remarked.

Tell me something I don't know, dumbass. I could literally feel it all over my body. My black workout pants were doused with my body sweat, and my pink sports bra was as well. Not to mention that my face was soaked, but that was kind of what happened when you did stuff like this.

"That's kind of what happens after you physically exert yourself," I countered.

He chuckled and sat down on the bench, and I followed closely behind him.

"So, I hear you have a new friend. A new boy friend as a matter of fact," he smirked, taking another sip of his water.

I made a face. "And who told you that?"

"Have you forgotten that our moms are friends and two of the most talkative people in the world?"

"I should have known."

"Yeah. So what's his name?" he inquired with that stupid smirk on his face.

"Nathan, and he is not my boyfriend!" I exclaimed.

"Wow, someone seems a bit grumpy today," I heard a voice say from behind us. I turned around almost immediately to see Bumblebee's holoform walking into the training center.

"Hey, Bee," I smiled.

He returned it and walked over to sit beside the two of us. "What are you two talking about?"

"Kaelyn's new boyfriend Nathan," Ethan answered before I could even open my mouth.

I groaned and smacked him on the arm. "Shut the hell up. He is not my boyfriend. I don't even like him like that," I tried to assure him, but the heating up of my cheeks betrayed me and Ethan seemed to love that.