A Family Dinner

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

The rest of the ride to Nate's house was quiet, but it was a good quiet like it normally was. His house was a rather lovely building. It wasn't small, but it wasn't too big either. It was a very nice, and very average family home much like mine was, despite the size factor. His house had what looked like a two car garage, only instead of the cars actually being in the garage they sat outside. Even while sitting inside the truck I could feel the comfort radiating off of the house. It was enough to make me smile.

Nate parked behind a red Chevy Cruze which sat beside another Chevy Silverado. I could only assume that the Cruze was his mom's car, and that the Chevy was his father's other truck. For a professional race car driver he really seemed to be into trucks, but I didn't mind it much. It was rather interesting, per se.

I opened the door to the truck and hopped out, nearly falling over. Sometimes I forgot just how high this thing was off the ground, and with the stupid broken wrist it seemed that I was going to have to be a lot more careful. Once I regained my footing I walked to the front of the truck where Nate was waiting with a smile on his face. He held his hand out to me and I took it without even thinking about it. The feeling that erupted inside my body at the feel of his soft skin against mine was almost euphoric. How was it even possible for someone to make you feel like this, feel this great inside?

"Um, you're house is really nice," I told him, shaking my head to rid these thoughts from my head.

"Thank you," he chuckled as he pulled me up the porch steps.

He pushed the front door to his home open, and I was immediately met with the mouthwatering smell of chicken, shrimp and alfredo sauce.

"Chicken and shrimp alfredo," I hummed in delight.

Nate gave me a rather surprised look. "I'm truly amazed you figured that out just by sniffing the air."

I just smirked at him. Little did he know that my senses far exceeded that of a normal human being, and plus my mom made this for me all the time so the smell of it was permanently locked into my mind.

"Your house is really nice, Nathan," I spoke as I looked around the house.

The house was decorated very nicely, and very obviously decorated by his mother. I was not being sexist at all, but I highly doubted a man would put this much time and effort into decorating a house as nicely as this. The walls were adorned with numerous pictures, some of Nathan when he was young, some of Nathan now, and other family pictures. All in all, the interior of the house was absolutely beautiful, and I already found myself loving every single aspect of being here.

"Why thank you, sweetheart," Nate responded.

He informed me that I could lay my bag down beside the door, so I did. The moment I stood back up he grabbed my hand again and began leading me towards a room. The smell of food only got stronger the further we walked, so I only assumed we were headed into the kitchen. He must be really anxious for me to meet his parents.

The moment we entered through the kitchen door we were met with faces of two very beautiful people. A woman--who was most likely Nate's mother--stood by the dining table; I assumed that she had been working on setting it before we walked in. She was very, very pretty and though she was much older than me I couldn't help but feel a tad bit jealous. Her blonde hair fell down her back, stopping just below her armpits. Her eyes were a light green color, and her smile was absolutely beautiful; I knew then that was where Nate got his smile. The man--who stood by the stove--turned around just enough for me to get a good look at him. His short, dirty blond hair was styles messily on top of his head. His skin was a bit tan which made blue eyes look even more vibrant than they truly were. His face held a good amount of scruff, and looking at the rest of his face only let me know where Nate got his facial structure from. These two people were absolutely beautiful.

"Oh my gosh," the woman squealed, running over to wrap her small arms around me. "You must be Kaelyn. It's so good to meet you, sweetheart."

"Likewise," I giggled as I pulled away from her. She was so nice; now I see where Nate gets it from.

"I'm Natalie DeMarco, Nathan's mom. It's so good to have you here. Nathan has not shut up about you," she chuckled, poking her son in the stomach. He groaned in embarrassment, just like any other son would do.

"She's right though," a deep voice spoke up. I turned my head over towards the stove where Nate's father was pouring the sauce into the noodles. "He even told us how much you enjoyed chicken and shrimp alfredo, and then insisted we make it for you," he laughed, turning around to sit the large bowl on the table.

Once he sat it down he turned to me with a warm smile on his face. "I'm Nathan's father, Trent DeMarco. It's very nice to finally meet you, Kaelyn."

"It's nice to meet you as well. Thank you both for having me for dinner," I told the both of them.

"Thank you for coming, dear," Natalie smiled.

"So, are we going to eat or just stand here? I'm getting pretty hungry here," Nate whined as he grabbed my hand. The two of us sat down beside each other at the dinner table, and his parents followed our actions shortly after.

"Let's eat, then." Natalie laughed. I could already tell this was going to be a fantastic night.