Utter Nightmare

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

After lunch my entire day went by insanely fast, and once again that was just because of Nate. I was still extremely happy because of his confession from lunch, and the only thing I could think about the majority of the day was telling my mom when I got home. Primus knows that woman--sick or not--was going to go absolutely crazy when I told her about the day's events. I really just couldn't wait to see the look on her face when I told her.

School ended about five minutes ago, and I was now making my way out of the school. Nate had bid me a goodbye a couple of minutes ago. Apparently he had a dentist appointment he needed to get to, so I let him go. I skipped out of the school doors and hurried over to my dad who was parked at the curb like he normally was. The passenger's door opened almost instantly and I hopped in, throwing my belongings to the floor.

"Hi, daddy," I greeted him with a smile.

He gave me an odd look before pulling onto the road. "Why are you so happy?"

"I can't tell you," I snickered.

"Oh? And why is that?"

"Because it's a secret, duh. How was work?"

"It was okay, busy as usual. I may have to go to Europe in a couple of days," he informed me.

I chuckled. "Why?"

"Humans are impeccably stupid nowadays. We're being sent to take care of an issue," he chuckled. At least he was finally beginning to realize humanity's growing stupidity. It was only growing worse as the years passed.

"Have you talked to mom today?" I questioned.

He nodded. "She was headed to sleep when I called her earlier."

"Do you think she's awake?"

"She may be, but I can't be too sure. Why are you wondering?" he asked.

I shrugged. "I just need to have a chat with her is all."

"Is it about this secret?" he smirked.

"Yes, actually."

"I see where I stand in this relationship," he teased. All I could do was laugh at him. Playful Ironhide is what I lived for. I loved it when my dad was playful with me like this. It was much better than him yelling at me all the time.

A couple more minutes passed before we finally got home. Dad parked beside my mom's car and I wasted no time in getting out of his cabin. I was more anxious now than I was at school to tell my mom the news, but it was probably because I was now at home.

I burst through the front door and threw my stuff down before heading up the stairs. Soon enough I came to my mom and dad's room and opened the door. My mom was sitting on the king-sized bed with the same mug from this morning in her hands. The sound of the door shutting caught her attention and she looked up at me with a smile on her face.

"Hey, Kay. What's up?" she greeted me, sitting the mug down on her bedside table.

I walked over to the bed and sat down across from her. She looked a bit better than she did this morning, but just a bit. She still looked rather ill.

"Nothing," I answered. "How are you doing? Are you feeling better?"

She shrugged. "It's not that I'm feeling bad. I just feel weird."

Before I could answer the bedroom door opened again. My dad's holoform stood in the door way looking at the both of us.

"Are you feeling better, Lea?" he asked her.