Unfriendly Reunion

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

I was pacing around my room trying to figure out what and needed to do and how I needed to do it. This stupid dinner was in forty five minutes and I was still standing here in nothing but a towel. I was slacking at the moment, but that was only because my brain was fried. I was more than ready for this dinner, but at the same time I wasn't and that was all because of my dad and Nate's dad. Both of them were pretty hot headed, and though I had yet to see Nate's dad act that way he just looked like that kind of person. If the two of them were to get into some sort of fight in this restaurant--especially in front of me and Nate--I was definitely going to lose my mind.

Thankfully my mom decided to pick an outfit out for me like she did the last time. This time she picked out a cute little white top, a jean jacket, and a pair of grey and white striped shorts. I quickly changed into the outfit and grabbed my grey ankle boots from the closet. Once those were on I hurried to do my makeup and my hair. The entire process took me about forty minutes, and that meant that we were already going to be late unless my father decided to burn some fucking rubber.

My mom calling my name from downstairs is what removed my attention from my hair. I decided just to leave it down instead of messing it up further; there was no more time for this. I grabbed my purse and my phone before heading out of my room and down the stairs.

Both of my parents were waiting at the bottom of the stairs. Well, my mom was. My dad was just leaning against the hall wall with one of the most annoyed expressions on his face. Part of me assumed it was because he was being forced to go to this thing tonight, but the other part of me knew it was because of the way he was dressed. There was no doubt in my mind that my mom dressed him. For an Autobot, my dad was rather good at dressing himself, but there looked to be so much effort put into the way he was dressed at this very moment. He had on a black leather jacket, a tight white v-neck shirt, a pair of black straight leg jeans, and his regular black boots. His holoform's hair was a lot less messier than it normally was, and I could only assume that annoyed him even further. My mom didn't look much different though. She wore a tan leather jacket, a white shirt, blue skinny jeans, and her tan ankle booties while her blonde hair was left in waves down her back. They both looked insanely good either way.

"It's about damn time. We've been waiting on you for like ten minutes," my mom said to me as I hopped off the last stair.

"I wasn't waiting. I just don't care," my dad grumbled before walking out the front door.

"What did you do to him?" I laughed.

The two of us began walking out the front door.

"He's angry because I made him come, and he's also angry because I fixed his hair for once and then made him squeeze into those jeans," she told me as we approached my father.

I just laughed at her and hopped in the back seat, immediately heading over to my dad.

"Are you angry, daddy?" I asked him with my little baby voice.

He grunted and pulled out of the driveway. "I am annoyed at best."

I smiled at him and ruffled his hair, giving it its normal messy appearance. "There ya' go, big guy." I patted him on the shoulder before sitting back in my seat.

"Thank you, Kay," he chuckled.

"I spent ten minutes making it look appropriate and you just messed it up," my mom grumbled, earning another grunt from my father.

"He already doesn't want to go to this thing," I chuckled. "Just let him be the human that he's not, mom. I can assure you that it won't hurt you."

My dad snorted and I could even feel him shudder beneath me. "I always knew I liked you for some reason."

"I'm a very lovable person. What can I say?"

My mom scoffed. "I hate you both."

The rest of the ride to Olive Garden was silent, the only sound in the cabin being that from the radio. Considering the fact that we were already late, I wasted no time in jumping out after my dad parked. I was not only feeling bad about being late, but I really wanted to see Nate and his cute self. It's been two days since I've seen him and I'm rather upset about it.

After finding out from the hostess where the DeMarcos were seated, I took off for the back of the restaurant. I could see Trent, Natalie, and Nate at one of the big tables in the reservation area of the restaurant, so I walked over to them. Nate saw me almost immediately and stood up to greet me. He kissed me on the cheek before wrapping me in a tight hug. My only reasoning for pulling away from him was so I could greet his parents. Natalie stood up to give me a hug while Trent just fist bumped me.

"I'm so sorry that we're late. I was slow getting ready," I told them.

"It's okay, sweetheart. Where are your parents at?" Natalie asked me.

I wasn't even given the chance to speak before my mom's voice sounded behind mine. I turned around to see her speed walking towards me, while my dad was walking very slowly behind her. He really did not want to be here and it was actually kind of funny.

"You left me, jerk."

I snickered, as did Nathan.

"Sorry, mom. I just thought I'd say hi to them before you got here," I told her.

Natalie walked passed me with a big smile on her face, and my mom smiled at her as she approached her.

"Hi, I'm Natalie. You must be Kaelyn's mom,"she introduced herself.

"Yes. I'm Azalea, and this is Ron," my mom responded as she gestured to my dad. He looked bored and just about done with his life. Poor dad.

"It's nice to meet you both. Trent, come meet Kaelyn's parents," Natalie called over her shoulder. Trent was at the table munching on a breadstick while Nate laughed at him. I guess he was dragged here against his will as well.

He got up at the sound of his wife's voice, but didn't even bother finishing his breadstick.

"Sorry," he said to Natalie as he turned to my mom.

He nearly choked on his food once his eyes met hers, and my mom's widened in...fear? She backed into my dad and he snapped out of his trance almost immediately. He looked down at my mom before looking up at Trent, and never in my life have I ever seen that amount of anger flash in his blue eyes, holoform and Cybertronian form alike. He grabbed onto my mother and pulled her behind him in a protective notion, leaving me, Nathan, and Natalie to wonder what the actual hell was going on.

"I think I'm going to be sick," Trent grumbled.

"What is going on?" Natalie exclaimed. "Do you three know each other or something?"

"You could say that. I went to school with him," my mom answered, her voice slightly shaky.

"Kaelyn, I want you over here right now," my dad growled.

I raised a brow. "Why? What's going on?"

"Now," he seethed. Why was he so angry?

I sighed and began walking towards him only to have a hand pull me back.

"Do you really think I'm going to hurt her just because she's your daughter?" I heard Trent ask. Was he the one who grabbed me and what did me being their daughter have to do with the fact of him hurting me?

My dad growled. "Release her this instant." I didn't think it was possible for him to be angrier.

The moment my hand was released my dad yanked me behind him, and I was now more confused than I was before this entire ordeal began.

"What the hell is going on?" I yelled, earning a few stares from a few Olive Garden customers. I paid them no mind though. I was more worried about what was going on here at the moment.

"We'll talk about it later. But for now we're leaving," my dad grumbled before pulling both my mother and I back towards the front of the store. His hold on my wrist was tight enough that I couldn't get loose, so the only thing I could do was glance back at Nate and his very awestruck parents. This was definitely not how I wanted tonight to turn out.