Playful Banter

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

The school week seemed to go by rather quickly, much to my complete and utter despair. It was all because of Nate though. The more I was around him, the happier I seemed to be and the faster time seemed to go by for me. It was rather irritating if you ask me, but I couldn't help but be excited either. Now that it was the weekend we were finally going to get to hang out, and I wanted to squeal with excitement just at the thought of it. If it wasn't already obvious, I've warmed up to him quite a lot this past week. It was kind of hard not to though. I mean, I spent every single day with this amazing boy. What did you expect?

Now, having an actual friend was still weird to me though. I only had a few select people I was close to, and they were all family, so I didn't believe that it really counted. I was still getting used to this whole being friends thing, and I was trying to be especially careful; not only because of my secret, but because he was a boy and he definitely was not ugly. Trying to be careful was a hard task to carry out, and I highly doubted I'd be able to fulfill it.

Before the water had the chance to become cold, I stepped out of the shower. I dried myself off before putting on my undergarments and running across the hall to my bedroom. Nathan would be here to pick me up in about half an hour, and I was already running a bit late as it was. I was just glad I had an outfit picked out already.

I quickly changed into a loose grey shirt, a black and white checkered flannel, jean shorts, and a pair of black boots. It took me about fifteen minutes to do my makeup after that, and since my hair was still damp, I decided to throw it up in a messy bun. Soon enough I was ready to go, so I grabbed my phone and my bag before running down the stairs.

Both of my parents were sitting in the living room. Well, my dad was sitting in the living room while my mom was fast asleep on his lap. He looked over at me, his eyes instantly flashing to my shorts. I should have just ran out the door, but even that wouldn't do much good seeing as he was present in both forms at once.

"Those pants are excruciatingly short," he remarked.

I rolled my eyes. "They're fine."

"I think you should change," he suggested.

Not happening, father.

"I think you should let me live my life," I shot back.

He narrowed his eyes at me, and I was mentally thanking my mother for being asleep. Had she not, there was the strongest possibility that he would've carried me up to my room and waited until I changed into a pair of jeans.

"Insolent child," he grumbled.

I gave him a dirty look. "I'm not a child."

"Both of you shut the fuck up, please. Gosh. Can't you see I'm trying to sleep," my mom growled.

Someone was grumpy.

"Sorry, mother."

She only groaned in response and nestled further into my dad. What a cutie.

My phone beeped a couple seconds later, and I fished it from my pocket to find a text from Nathan informing me that he was now here. I smiled and put the device back in my pocket before turning back to my dad.

"Your friend is here," he informed me.

"Yeah, I know. I'm leaving. I love you," I told him before turning around and walking out the door.

Nate was originally supposed to come in and meet my parents, but I told him that it probably wasn't a good idea for now. My mom already loved him from what I've told her about him, but my dad was a different story. He was too protective, and would probably embarrass me to the point of Nate never wanting to talk to me again. I didn't want that at all.

As I was walking I heard a voice in my ear. It was my dad using the com-link on me to keep from speaking out loud and causing some sort of suspicion. That's one downside to being half Cybertronian, although it did come in handy sometimes. Right now wasn't one of those times though.

"If he touches you at all without your consent you're to let me know, and that's an order," he barked.

I groaned. "Primus, please shut up."

The only thing I received in response was his famous grunt.

"Who are you talking to, Kaelyn?" I heard someone laugh.

I stopped and looked up to see Nate sticking his head out of the driver's side window of a truck. It was a beautiful truck too. I recognized it's make as a Chevy Silverado. It was completely black and it was lifted, making it much bigger than a normal Silverado would be.

"Um, just myself. By the way, nice truck," I told him as I walked over to the passenger's side door.

"Yeah, it's my dad's. I'm surprised he even let me bring it out," he replied as I hopped in.

"Me too. This is a lot nicer than my dad's," I snickered, knowing he could hear me.

"My hatred for you grows by the second," a voice growled. I only laughed. My dad loves me and he knows it.

"I don't think so," Nate chimed as he pulled out of the driveway. "Anyways, nice house and nice set of cars."

He was talking about my mom's Mercedes CLA Coupe and her Maybach that her old friend Simmons had gotten her for her baby shower. It was an old model as well, and she wasn't a fan of old models, but she felt that she needed to keep it after she found out he was killed in a car accident. She rarely ever used it; it was more like a keepsake than anything else.

"Yeah, they're pretty nice I guess. But where are we going?" I asked with a smile.

"Well, I've always wanted to see the Lincoln Memorial because he's literally my favorite president ever. I thought we'd go eat before though," he told me.

"That sounds lovely."

"And I remember you telling me how much you liked Olive Garden, so that's where we're going," he informed me.

My mouth dropped with surprise. "It's a good thing I brought money."

"Too bad you're not spending a cent," he retorted.

I raised a brow. "And what makes you think that, mister?"

"I'm the boy. I'm paying, missy."

"So, this is a date now, huh?" I jested.

"Only if you want it to, babe-I mean Kay," he replied, slightly startled with the fact that he just slipped up and called me babe. I, on the other hand, was feeling a bit happy. There was a strange fluttering in my stomach that I couldn't quite comprehend, but it was a good feeling nonetheless.

Yeah, this whole "being careful" thing was turning into a complete and utter failure.

Sorry, dad.