Welcome To the Family

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

Pranking was no longer a word I was going to use in my vocabulary. It got me into so much trouble, and I was never going to let those two idiots talk me into doing something like that again. I ended up getting grounded for three fucking weeks for being out after dark in the first place, but I also got grounded because of what I did to Dino and because I ran away from and cussed my father. I've never been grounded in my entire life, so I was more than pissed that I got grounded for this when I've done worse things. I didn't even get to go back to Ethan's house that night! Next time I was just going to stick to baking fucking cookies.

For the past day I have done absolutely nothing but shower and sit in my bedroom. I didn't want to speak to my father, and my mom was too busy preparing for this dinner with Nate to worry about either of us. I could already smell whatever it was that she was cooking downstairs. Now would probably be a good time for me to start getting ready for it, so I got off of my bed and headed over to my closet. I really wished that I could just wear sweats and a t-shirt, but mom won't let me. She told me that I needed to be presentable, and no matter how many times I told her that Nate isn't going to care what I look like she won't budge. I really wouldn't be surprised if she dressed up like she was going to work. She was way too into this.

I picked out something simple--a loose black shirt, high-waisted shorts, and my black combat boots--and changed into it. I didn't bother with a lot of makeup, mostly because I hated makeup and I would only be in it for a short time. All I wore was some mascara and foundation like I normally did. My hair was still damp from my shower earlier, and it was also still very much glowing with the red glitter that I despised so much. This was another one of my punishments, but it was self-inflicted. Glitter was so hard to get off of your body, but it was even harder to get out of your hair. I just groaned at the sight and pulled my hair up into a bun. There was no way I was going to waste more time trying to fix it.

Once I was finished I ran down the stairs. I was more than ready to run into the kitchen, but a knock on the door stopped me. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw that it was about fifteen minutes until seven. He was way early, and I honestly didn't think I was ready for this. Both of our parents were completely different people and I was just afraid that my dad was going to be rude and I was going to have to yell at him for it.

"Kaelyn, get the door!" my mom yelled from the kitchen.

I sighed and walked over to the door, pulling it open. A smile found its way onto my face as I looked at Nate. He looked just as cute as ever, the only different about his being the large bouquet of flowers in his hands.

"Hey, Nate," I greeted him.

He gave me a kiss on the cheek and stepped into the house. "Hey, Kay."

"Who are the flowers for?" I chuckled. I distinctly remembered telling him I didn't like flowers, so I really hoped these were for my mom.

"They're for your mom. Why?"

"Just asking. Shall we go and meet my very lovely parents?" I asked him.

He nodded his head. I didn't know why, but he seemed a bit eager. I grabbed his hand and pulled him into the kitchen. My mom was at the table tinkering with some things, while my dad sat with his feet propped onto the table. messing with my mom's phone.

"I still have no clue how to work this contraption," he grumbled.

"I wouldn't expect you to. Now get your dirty ass boots off my table," she playfully scolded him.