Her?

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

It took me about two hours to get ready to go over to Ethan's, mostly because I was feeling a tad bit lazy and didn't want to get out of my bed. Soon enough I managed to stop being a lazy slag head so I could get things done. I was now dressed in a loose white shirt, a pair of jean shorts, an Aztec printed cardigan, and my black combat boots. My hair was in loose waves down my back; I decided since I had time to kill that I would attempt to do something with my hair, and it actually worked! It took a good while, but it was definitely worth it. My makeup was done like it normally was; I had on a bit of mascara, some foundation, and some chapstick. I decided not to overdue it, especially since I was just going over to Ethan's house for a few hours.

Just as I was about to get ready to go ahead and go, my phone rang. I didn't even bother looking at the caller ID before answering. It was either Nate or Ethan; they were the only people I talked to besides my parents and the rest of my family.

"Hello?"

"Hi, babe," Nate's voice sounded on the other line. I couldn't help but smile just at the sound of it.

"Hey. What's up?"

"I was just calling you to see you if you wanted to go out tomorrow so we could talk about what you wanted to tell me," he told me.

"Sure. Where would we go?" I asked.

"Wherever you want. I'll pick you up tomorrow at around three or so?"

"Yeah. I'll see you then. Bye, Nate," I smiled.

"Goodbye, beautiful."

The line went dead after that, so I threw my phone into my bag and headed out of my room. Once I was downstairs I headed into the living room. My dad was laying on the couch fast asleep, and my mother nor Adalyn were anywhere to be found. I sighed and walked up to my dad's holoform and began shaking him. He groaned and opened up his eyes to look at me. He scanned over my appearance before a disgruntled expression appeared on his face.

"Where are you supposed to be going?" he asked as he sat up.

"Ethan's. I need you to take me there, so get up." I grabbed his hand and attempted to pull him off the couch, but all he did was sit and stare at me.

"I'm tired, Kaelyn," he mumbled.

I frowned. "Then can I have the keys to the Maybach?"

He grunted and got up, shoving me towards the front door. I just smirked in triumph. I had my license, but they refused to let me drive any of the cars or any car at all. They thought I was a horrible driver, and I actually agreed with them. I absolutely hated driving, and for a half Cybertronian I found that to be pretty ironic.

"So, when are you supposed to leave to go to Europe?" I asked my dad as he pulled out of the driveway. He was still tired, and I didn't even need to look at his holoform to know that. He was driving much slower than he normally did, and he even swerved a bit. I began to feel bad for making me drive him.

"Tonight," he answered me.

I frowned. "Really? That soon?"

"Mhm."

"Please tell me that you've talked to mom," I exclaimed. I was beginning to understand why my mom was so frightened. If this mission or whatever was dangerous, there was a chance that he wouldn't come home at all and then he would leave not knowing that he was the father of two children instead of one. She needed to tell him before he left. That may be a risk in itself, but it was much better than waiting, especially with the chance that he could possibly be killed.

"I have yet to. She is doing everything she possibly can to avoid me and I haven't a clue why," he told me, a small frown on his face.

Ugh! That damn woman!

"Oh my gosh. She needs to tell you or I'm going to rip my hair out," I grumbled.

"Or you could be a nice daughter and tell me yourself."

I shot him a look. "Does she know you're leaving tonight?"

"Yes."

"Okay. If she doesn't say anything to you before you leave, come see me and I will tell you. I'd rather you know now before you go instead of making you wait when there's a possibility that you might not even return," I told him. I could not fathom the thought of ever losing my dad, but I was just being realistic.

He grunted. "I find your lack of faith in me rather insulting, and you're also freaking me out a bit."

"I'm sorry. Just please come see me if she doesn't say anything remotely important to you," I instructed him as he pulled up in front of Ethan's house.

"Alright, kid. I'll see you in a few hours."

"Bye, dad. I love you."

"I love you as well."

I quickly removed myself from his cabin and hurried to the front door of Ethan's house. Like I normally did, I just walked right in. I was immediately met with a very mouthwatering smell of whatever it was that Carly was cooking for the night. Her cooking had to be one of the best parts about coming over to this house.

"I'm here," I sang as I stepped further into the house.

"Kaelyn!" Ethan exclaimed as he ran over to me. He wrapped his arms tightly around me and I laughed before wrapping mine around him.

"It's nice to see you again, E."

He pulled away from me. "Likewise, but right now I have someone for you to meet."

Before I knew it he was pulling me into the living room. There was a girl sitting on the couch watching TV and she still had yet to notice our presence.

"Jessica," Ethan called.

She turned around at the sound of his voice. She had a smile on her face, but the moment she met my eyes it dropped. I stood there and stared at her with a grimace on my face. Ethan was dating the little slut that didn't know how to keep her stupid shoulder in her own vicinity; Ethan was dating the girl that I've been wanting to throw out a window since the school year started. Ethan was dating her? What in the hell was going on in that stupid little brain of his?

"So, this is Kaelyn, my best friend and sister for all intensive purposes," he told her.

I gave Jessica a look before turning to Ethan. "Remember how I told you if I didn't like her you'd be scraping her off the walls?"

He gave me a rather startled look. Tonight was going to be absolutely fantastic.