Patiently Waiting

*I don't own Transformers or anything affiliated with Transformers. I only own my original characters and plots. All rights go to Michael Bay and Steven Spielberg.*

Three hours wasn't really a long time to most people, but to me and my dad it felt like years. Also, I absolutely hated being in hospitals, especially under these particular circumstances. I never expected this to happen after I came home from school, but it did, and it scared the living shit out of me. All I wanted was for my mom to be okay and the suspense was literally killing me inside. Ratchet would have figured out what was wrong with her in under fifteen minutes, but these doctors were slow and it made me so angry. My mom could die!

I wasn't the only angry one though. My Cappy was here, as well as Carly, Sam, Ethan, Bumblebee, Optimus, and Dino. Most everyone in the room had Ratchet as a caretaker, so we weren't really used to how slow everything was going here in this monstrosity of a hospital. Everyone was anxious and a bit on edge because of it. The only thing remotely good about this situation was the fact that the Witwickys bought me McDonald's. I didn't think I'd be able to eat it seeing as I was so stressed out, but I scarfed it all down in under ten minutes.

Currently I was curled up on my dad's lap, playing with the strings of my dad's Nike hoodie. His holoform wearing a hoodie was one of the strangest things in the world. He was more of a leather jacket and v-neck shirt kind of person, but I didn't complain. His hoodie strings were a very nice distraction for the time being and a good distraction is exactly what I needed.

The strings didn't do anything to distract me from the freezing cold hospital air though. I didn't understand why hospitals had to be so damn cold all the time. I knew that the morgues were supposed to stay cold to keep the dead bodies from decaying so quickly, but if I'm not mistaken this was not the morgue. This was the sixth floor, damn it.

I shivered against my dad and he looked down at me. I probably looked rather pathetic. My eyes were tear-stained and I was trying to keep myself warm while wearing a sleeveless shirt. He moved away from me, and I whined in protest, but once I noticed what he was doing I stopped. He removed his hoodie from his body and handed it to me, so I gladly took it a put it on. It was very big on me, but that was to be expected. It was just another article of his clothing that he would not be getting back. I smiled in content with the warmth of the hoodie and leaned back into his chest. He wrapped his arms protectively around me and placed his chin on the top of my head.

"How come you guys don't treat me like Hide treats Kaelyn?" I heard Ethan whine.

"Because we don't like you, Ethan. We've discussed this," Sam retorted. I snickered at their playfulness.

"What horrible parents you are."

Carly was about to respond when the hospital room door opened. A woman in a white jacket walked in. She looked a bit startled by the amount of people in the room.

"Um, are all of you immediate family?" she asked as she looked around at all of us.

"No, we're close friends of the family," Sam answered.

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to to have to ask any non-family member to exit the room," she spoke. This wouldn't have to happen if Ratchet were here.

I rolled my eyes and looked up at my dad. "Can I punch her in the face?" I whispered so only he would hear.

"No."

"Sir," the doctor spoke as she looked at my Cappy. It was only me, him, my dad, and her in the room. Everyone else exited just as she asked.

"Yes?"

"Are you family?"

"Damn it. He's her father. Can you just tell us what's wrong so we can take her and go back home? You're really getting on my nerves," I snapped. My dad clamped his hand over my mouth and pulled me close to him. I was not sorry though.